Author Topic: Taddy Bridge  (Read 13719 times)  Share 

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Taddy Bridge
« Reply #60 on: Sep 21 - 2016 »
Looks like Humphrey and Selby Council have backed down about the bridge now,hooray  :HD :HD :HD

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14754097.UPDATED__Town_s_joy_at_brewery_bridge__U_turn____bridge_could_reopen_this_year/

Lets see if it reopens at Christmas  ?S?

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14755254.Pumps_brought_in_to_give_town_an_edge_on_floods/

Another article :S* here about the flooding in Tadcaster, looks like Heineken has chipped in, plus a couple of others.Where was Humphrey's donation ?   
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Calcarian

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Sep 22 - 2016 »
I don't think the brewery should be getting any credit for this. They launched an objection after the bridge decision was made. The council rejected the objection.
This means the only way to stop the design was to ask for a judicial review which would have stopped works altogether. Humphrey has decided not to do this.
I doubt it's from the goodness of his heart though, it's because there would have been a good old fashioned lynching in Tadcaster if he'd gone ahead with it.
There were already plans in place to march on the brewery on Friday. I doubt he wants the publicity.

Offline myke

• Member Karma = +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sep 26 - 2016 »
On a lighter note hitler found out about the taddy bridge collapse got to say he wernt happy

<object width="640" height="390"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1hoOw9yaV5M&fs=1&start="></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1hoOw9yaV5M&fs=1&start=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
The posts i make are my own. The oppinions i express are mine too.  :BL

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Nov 3 - 2016 »
Here is an update about the bridge at Tadcaster, and basically it won't reopen until end of January 2017.

High water levels are blamed & Network Rail too.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14842007.Tadcaster_Bridge_won_t_reopen_until_2017/ :( :(
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline GeorgeB

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Media
« Reply #64 on: Feb 2 - 2017 »
Sorry to bring up old news, but why did Samuel Smith's Brewery object to the widening of Tadcaster's bridge? From what I can tell, and do do correct me if I'm wrong, the reason the brewery refused to allow the footbridge on their land was because they WANTED the actual bridge to be widened? Isn't this all a bit hypocritical?

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Feb 2 - 2017 »
Is the bridge at Tadcaster open yet ? Thought it was Tuesday.

Regards the widening that i think was one of the issues SSOB brought up,not sure of the others.

Offline Tadcaster resident

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Feb 2 - 2017 »
tomorrow Friday at 2pm. At last a town reunited

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +5/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #67 on: Feb 2 - 2017 »
Sorry to bring up old news, but why did Samuel Smith's Brewery object to the widening of Tadcaster's bridge? From what I can tell, and do do correct me if I'm wrong, the reason the brewery refused to allow the footbridge on their land was because they WANTED the actual bridge to be widened? Isn't this all a bit hypocritical?

Spoken like a true journalist. It looks like GeorgeB's article will be fair & unbiased  :()

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Feb 16 - 2017 »

Spoken like a true journalist. It looks like GeorgeB's article will be fair & unbiased  :()

How true.  :GIVEB:

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Mar 20 - 2017 »
Saw a photo on the NY Council website and was shocked :HJH to see that the bridge, was flooded one again.Or Looks like a high level to me,any member(s) know what is happening.

Sorry lost the photo.  :WF

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +31/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Mar 22 - 2017 »
River is up and environment agency are trying to clear trees and debris blocking the bridge.

Offline myke

• Member Karma = +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Mar 26 - 2017 »
The problem is simple there are blocked arches. not just the tress and debris you see there. On the brewery side the arch is practically blocked on powerplus side one arch is totally blocked and the next partially blocked so 3 arches are either blocked or nearly blocked PERMANENTLY this is why the damage happened in the first place. The bridge was built correctly with extra arches to allow floodwaters to pass but has not been maintained.
The posts i make are my own. The oppinions i express are mine too.  :BL