Author Topic: Poor food quality.  (Read 21443 times)  Share 

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Poor food quality.
« Reply #60 on: Sep 22 - 2015 »
If someone could get a photo of the EU codes on a box,  the manufacturer can be traced. Individual bags don't have them.

Offline myke

• Member Karma = +7/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #61 on: Sep 22 - 2015 »
Walkers Crisps replied on the 18th - not as prompt as Tayto - I sent the email on the 25th of August. They reply that they do not make crisps for anyone else. So we're still left with Seabrooks to reply. Or not, as the case may be.

Benson's make em! H aquired the company I believe. They are a Yorkshire based.

I could be wrong though....... but Seabrook they aren't

100% not made by Seabrook crisps but if Humphry would like them to be he can contact me for details :HJH :HJH

Seabrook crisps dont currently make crisps for anyone else (I work there ::T::)
The posts i make are my own. The oppinions i express are mine too.  :BL

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sep 22 - 2015 »
Bensons don't exist,  and haven't for years. Does anyone really expect a 'brand' manufacturer to admit to making own label products? They can lie in their emails - it's not illegal.  Get a box,  the codes will reveal all!

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Sep 22 - 2015 »
Bensons don't exist,  and haven't for years. Does anyone really expect a 'brand' manufacturer to admit to making own label products? They can lie in their emails - it's not illegal.  Get a box,  the codes will reveal all!

I know they don't exist. I say he aquired what was Benson's.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sep 22 - 2015 »

I know they don't exist. I say he aquired what was Benson's.

There would be a Companies House record if he,  or anyone else had. And there isn't. There's any number of own label producers and like I said,  they're hardly likely to cough to it. He may even have changed  suppliers which would account for the flavour inconsistencies.

Offline unhappy

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sep 22 - 2015 »
you now who I am O.T.D and you know where my information would be from and believe me when I say its a company in the London area.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sep 23 - 2015 »
you now who I am O.T.D and you know where my information would be from and believe me when I say its a company in the London area.

Sounds like that's the real deal then.  Kolak Snack Food Ltd seems like the prime contender. http://www.kolak.co.uk/

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sep 23 - 2015 »
I suggested Kolak last week!

Had some beef flavour tonight and they were quite plain per usual.

Hump always has a bag of beef with his half so I am suprised he isn't on here complaining!    joke.......ha...

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +32/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Sep 25 - 2015 »
Barcode on the box is registered to the brewery.

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sep 30 - 2015 »
I suggested Kolak last week!

Had some beef flavour tonight and they were quite plain per usual.

Hump always has a bag of beef with his half so I am suprised he isn't on here complaining!    joke.......ha...

Had another beef tonight and I can confirm they are stil without any flavour.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #70 on: Oct 1 - 2015 »
Getting a bit tedious now me thinks? 5 pages or so about crisps?

How about 5 pages of OBB at 1.80/pt.  http://samsmiths.info/forum/Smileys/animated/smiley-eatdrink060.gif

PS SS crisps 70p/50grams...the other lot's... 'bring back your favourite'. 1.25/50g you do the maths. Great marketing eh pay to vote! Oh S... fell into the trap. Sorry.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Oct 5 - 2015 »
Took the opportunity today to dine at The George and Vulture. As I didn't have oodles of time, I only had a main and a glass of water as I had imbibed a goodly amount of alcohol over the weekend and had to drive when I got back. I had the rump steak with double cooked chips and the spinach - I was recommended the spinach by the waiter, and he was right, excellent. The meal was very good. And I think I'm going to do this again, only make sure I have more time, book a later train and have a drink and a pud! I spoke to the manager / chef again, a very pleasant and friendly guy. They all were, actually. I heartily recommend the G and V to anyone able to try it.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #72 on: Oct 5 - 2015 »
Took the opportunity today to dine at The George and Vulture. As I didn't have oodles of time, I only had a main and a glass of water as I had imbibed a goodly amount of alcohol over the weekend and had to drive when I got back. I had the rump steak with double cooked chips and the spinach - I was recommended the spinach by the waiter, and he was right, excellent. The meal was very good. And I think I'm going to do this again, only make sure I have more time, book a later train and have a drink and a pud! I spoke to the manager / chef again, a very pleasant and friendly guy. They all were, actually. I heartily recommend the G and V to anyone able to try it.

A very good report. Was it value for money 'down south', this time of year?

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Oct 6 - 2015 »
I mislead you there, I had sirloin not rump, char grilled, 16.75, chips are 2.50, spinach 2.50. Steak comes with button mushrooms ( which they don't tell you ) and you get a fresh bread roll with plenty of butter. So not cheap, but it was a weekend away treat. And it was very nice. If you go on Trip Advisor, there are  ( as ever ), varying reports, complaints of surly staff etc. I was warmly welcomed, obviously not a city type as I travel in comfy Rohann style etc., backpack, although I had put on a good shirt. Helped by attractive friendly well spoken young lady ( ah, if only I were 30 years younger! ), waiter was Italian I think, friendly and helpful, recommended the spinach and he was not wrong, extremely good. I'd recommend it. Well, I already have done!

Offline nobody

• Member Karma = +6/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #74 on: Aug 6 - 2016 »
I want into a Sam Smits pub a few weeks ago and had a meal,   must say it was worth the 23 for the 3 of us.  The photos will give you a clue on which pub it was.