Author Topic: The Eagle Tavern - Location: Leeds  (Read 15099 times)  Share 

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: The Eagle Tavern - Location: Leeds
« Reply #15 on: Mar 21 - 2014 »
Going in to sort it out, I heard.   The manager of the G E is moving to another Sam's pub but can't remember which.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 15 - 2014 »
Just been informed that this pub is having a "makeover" (ho how I hate that word) in the new year.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 12 - 2015 »
Just throwing out the question once again. When I tried to visit this pub the other day it appeared shut. Has Humphrey finally run out of reliefs and or managers or is it definitely shut for a refurbishment. No scaffolding was evident on my visit.

Answers please
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jun 13 - 2015 »
There were plans for major refurbishment,separate lounge,public bar,snug and dining room downstairs,putting fireplaces back in and seven en suite letting rooms on the second floor,maybe they are going ahead?.I did have a link to the plans somewhere will try and find it.

Edited to add found it!.

http://plandocs.leeds.gov.uk/WAM/showCaseFile.do?appName=planning&appNumber=15/00079/FU

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 2 - 2015 »
Looks like work has started on this pub finally, the bar looked stripped of the beer pumps and the walls looked fairly bare. Apparently the electricians have also arrived. When I go again to Leeds again I shall have another look at it.

BB Thought there were going to be 11 letting rooms,also rooms to let on the second floor as well.Much smaller managers flat though with only two bedrooms.

Wonder how long this major refurbishment is going to take to complete.

The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jul 7 - 2016 »
As it's nearly a year, I was wondering if any member(s) knew when the Eagle was reopening ? I know it was a big job,but seems to be taking a while  :_o

Somebody has mentioned that they were adding an additional cottage to the yard at the back,anybody know more about this ?

Offline Clashman

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #21 on: Aug 11 - 2016 »
I live over the road from the Eagle and am happy to say it will be open very soon the green netting and scaffolding has gone the cottage built ,handsome new chimneys are finished
for the open fires.The scaffolding has gone so hopefully it will be the next couple of weeks :DKB :E20 :EX

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 11 - 2016 »
I live over the road from the Eagle and am happy to say it will be open very soon the green netting and scaffolding has gone the cottage built ,handsome new chimneys are finished
for the open fires.The scaffolding has gone so hopefully it will be the next couple of weeks :DKB :E20 :EX

Thanks for the update, and I did hear last week that it is opening in August,  :GIVEB:

Offline Clashman

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 11 - 2016 »
Lets hope there is still a pool table I heard Humph isn't keen on open fires and pool tables. ;D

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 11 - 2016 »
Lets hope there is still a pool table I heard Humph isn't keen on open fires and pool tables. ;D

Open fires are in with Humphrey and pool tables are out,seen quite a few taken out. Just have to wait and see

Offline Clashman

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 11 - 2016 »
While the Pub was being done up we lost Trevor who was a regular as well as Scottish Willy R.I.P.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 11 - 2016 »
While the Pub was being done up we lost Trevor who was a regular as well as Scottish Willy R.I.P.

sad news and RIP for other SS customers

Offline Clashman

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 11 - 2016 »
There's only me and T.V Steve left from the regulars who went in when Les Moon had it.Lets hope it attracts some new customers as it's takings weren't very good before it closed
for the refurb.With 18 rooms to let there should in theory be more people in :DDDD:

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 16 - 2016 »
There's only me and T.V Steve left from the regulars who went in when Les Moon had it.Lets hope it attracts some new customers as it's takings weren't very good before it closed
for the refurb.With 18 rooms to let there should in theory be more people in :DDDD:

Yes every time I have visited this pub it has never been busy. Lets hope that some more will arrive with the letting rooms.

Offline Clashman

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sep 20 - 2016 »
The Eagle Tavern opens this Friday 11am   :EX.the Couple who had the Red Lion have moved in to run the ship.