Author Topic: The Blacksmiths Arms - Location: Farlington  (Read 9872 times)  Share 

Offline Max

• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!

Name: The Blacksmiths Arms - Location: Farlington

Address: Farlington, York, North Yorkshire, YO61 1NW [01347 810581]
Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: The Blacksmiths Arms - Location: Farlington
« Reply #1 on: Oct 7 - 2010 »
This is a lovely pub that has lots of unique features like a blacksmiths shop. It had a small room (blacksmiths shop) and two others one with a pool table. A small bar and low ceiling. The manager was friendly and welcoming, and enjoyed a lovely pint of OBB.Well worth a visit.

The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 9 - 2011 »
I went to this pub but it's closed on Tuesday afternoons I will not post my photo's as they are the same as the one's posted by OldBreweryDrinker.

But if any non-members want to see them and around 150 photo's of Sam's pub then click on................

www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=18997383

Click on any photo you want to see in detail.

ian.

Offline passedit

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10 - 2011 »
We once did a releif here it only opened at night so we had all day off,one cleaner twice a week no bar staff,did about ?800 a week,we had no full day off what a cheek!!!!!!
But what a lovely pub locals were great what few there were,according to a regular Friday would be heaving about 15 people in.That was 20 years ago.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21 - 2011 »
Went in on Sunday for a meal with the wife.  The photo's inside was taken without permission of the manager.

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 2 - 2013 »
Called in today. A friendly local community pub. They do limited food, cider chicken, casserole, sandwiches. OBB ?1.80pp. Huge car park. Outside toilets are immaculate. Did not take internal shots as the management were present and observant. I will return.

Tone (mobile)

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 22 - 2013 »
Just adding more photos

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28 - 2013 »
Called in yesterday for a couple,what a great pub in a lovely village,staff and locals very welcoming,OBB was spot on,well worth a visit.

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 30 - 2015 »
The pub is just as welcoming as it clearly was on your visits, we visited for Sunday lunch, 1 pork and 1 beef eaten by two happy sam smiths lovers.  Lovely home made Yorkshire Puddings, tender meat, plenty of crunchy vegetables and delicious roast potatoes- none of the frozen rubbish.  Best 7.95 spent on each meal.  Have eaten in plenty of North Yorkshire country pubs, some who charge double the amount and offer very poor food in return.  I'm happy to pay for a decent meal, this was an absolute bargain and I certainly know why this little gem of a pub was full of customers.  Thank you!!!👍👍👍👍👍👍

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24 - 2015 »
Returned for an evening meal.  Once again a pleasure to be served by a genial host and treated to well cooked food.  (Rump steak and scampi) there is nothing wrong with traditional pub food, small menus, when the food is so well cooked.  A real bargain and an enjoyable evening at a beautiful, well looked after traditional country pub.  The bar was full of drinkers, I was amazed at how the drinkers moved to allow me to order our drinks.  (My pet hate is when the bar is surrounded by drinkers and little me can't catch the eye of the workers to order my drinks).  A separate lounge for diners and a room for pool means all customers are well catered for.  The toilets were immaculate - great, clean, well maintained facilities.  Eating and drinking was a pleasure.  Locals made us feel very welcome.  Shame the pub is a good 30 minute drive away, along narrow poorly maintained country lanes.🍻