Author Topic: The Belle Monte Hotel - Location: Frodsham  (Read 8542 times)  Share 

Offline Max

• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!

Name: The Belle Monte Hotel - Location: Frodsham

Address: Bellemonte Rd, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 6BJ [01928 732321]
Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: The Belle Monte Hotel - Location: Frodsham
« Reply #1 on: Dec 6 - 2011 »
Been here today but it was closed. It's just of the M56.  Photo #1 is the view from the pubs carpark. The M56 is about 1mile away but you can still hear it.  This is another one I'll have to return to.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 7 - 2011 »
Looks like a house. Such a pity that so many of the SS pubs have their own individual opening times, due to the location and trade. I have been to some recently and they are not open at say 1 or 2pm. Best to ring and check.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #3 on: Dec 8 - 2011 »
Looks like a house. Such a pity that so many of the SS pubs have their own individual opening times, due to the location and trade. I have been to some recently and they are not open at say 1 or 2pm. Best to ring and check.

I guess that if you own two pubs quite close to one-another it is just economics to open just one of them.

DB.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 8 - 2011 »

Not too bothered about it being closed, it will give me a excuse to visit it again.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 8 - 2011 »
I know the ones in the Rochdale area, have staggered opening times, eg 12, 2 and 4. Probably due to the large number in that area.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 3 - 2012 »
I've fallen in love again, but this time it's a pub and what a little gem this pub is.   Talking to a local the managers are new but have been in the trade for years. If you are anywhere nearby do pop in and see for yourself's, it's just off the M56 and half way up the hill.

Most of these photos will remain for members only, sorry.  But you can always join and then you can see around 4000 photos of all the Sam Smith's pubs I've been to.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 3 - 2012 »
More photos. The last one is looking towards the pubs former bowling green.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 4 - 2012 »
Great photos Ian, has this pub had a refurbishment recently. As it looks different to my last visit. Does SS own the derelict land at the back, as I wondered last time I was there.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 4 - 2012 »
Great photos Ian, has this pub had a refurbishment recently. As it looks different to my last visit. Does SS own the derelict land at the back, as I wondered last time I was there.

Not to sure but the pub dose look nice, must admit I only had a lemonade as I still had well over 120 miles to drive home. :(

The derelict land at back leads up the pubs former bowling green. So yes it dose all belong to the brewery.

Looking at the last photo, from the tree on the right the land goes out of shot to the left, that is where the Bowling green is/was.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 4 - 2012 »

Not to sure but the pub dose look nice, must admit I only had a lemonade as I still had well over 120 miles to drive home. :(

The derelict land at back leads up the pubs former bowling green. So yes it dose all belong to the brewery.

Looking at the last photo, from the tree on the right the land goes out of shot to the left, that is where the Bowling green is/was.

Might have just had a lick of paint then. Thought that the brewery might own the land next to it. As is the case in so many SS pubs.

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Nov 10 - 2013 »
Anyone know the status of the OBB being cask or not, in the 2 Frodsham pubs? Monte is either free flow leccy pumps or bright/non cask by the looks of it. Any gen on opening times? Cheers!
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 10 - 2013 »
Looking at the photographs OBB is free flow.

Offline normanx

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 24 - 2015 »
A nice little pub ,keg obb

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11 - 2015 »
I reckon the OBB is bright, not cask, the taps look like all the others, and the plates where the handpumps were are like a gap in a toothy smile. Oh dear. It's saved me a journey anyway. Ta for the pics- keep 'em coming. Thought HS were touchy about such things; if so, you carry on mate, and good luck! Cheers!! :DKB
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!