Author Topic: The New Inn - Gildersome Leeds  (Read 22314 times)  Share 

Offline Mr Taddy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: The New Inn - Gildersome Leeds
« Reply #30 on: Feb 29 - 2012 »
Its not the distance home although it is usually one step forward and two back. I have found that the Sams beers (which ever i decide to drink on the night) effect my legs and make it very hard work walking up that hill.

Offline big shot drinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Mar 24 - 2012 »
Welcome to the forum shortbread.  I think a lot of the problems with the ping food that has to be sold in Sams pubs is the way it's prepared and served, so if they can do that right it's half the battle.

New Year's Eve at Sam Smiths pubs is a real bone of contention.  The law allows pubs (with a few exceptions) to remain open from the end of normal hours on New Year's Eve to the start of normal hours on New Year's Day without having to apply for the additional hours, so staying open is perfectly legal. The reason the brewery wants managers to close is to save on staff hours, which is hardly good business sense because most managers would work themselves and any extra staff hours would be covered by the extra trade. It's madness to drive away your regulars and potential new regulars on what is potentially the busiest night of the year.

Opinions seems to be split into two camps as to the management change at the New Inn. My local changed managers last year and  opinions are split there as well although I prefer to just accept that different people have different management styles, not better or worse, just different, although that's not always the case.
what regulars he had lost them years ago you were welcome if you would play darts with him because there was nobody to serve anyway

Offline big shot drinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Mar 24 - 2012 »
This pub used to be my local but i changed and have only been in about 3 times in the last 7 years (its only 300 yards from my home). I went in last night early doors and was instantly made to feel welcome. The landlady was having a good chat with a few of the customers and by 8:15 the tap room was packed as it was games night. After asking if the games team were leaving i was told that they were but it was nothing to do with the new manager / manageress the wheels had been put in motion before the old manager left. I will now be going in a lot more so no more taxis home from The Valley pub.

Glad your giving the new managers support and hope you continue to go in. So the new managers are ok, you jsut need to make sure that they stay. Alot cheaper for you then ?
I ALSO WILL USE THE PUB ALOT MORE. AND GOOD LUCK TO THE NEW MANAGERS!!!!!!

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Mar 25 - 2012 »
This pub used to be my local but i changed and have only been in about 3 times in the last 7 years (its only 300 yards from my home). I went in last night early doors and was instantly made to feel welcome. The landlady was having a good chat with a few of the customers and by 8:15 the tap room was packed as it was games night. After asking if the games team were leaving i was told that they were but it was nothing to do with the new manager / manageress the wheels had been put in motion before the old manager left. I will now be going in a lot more so no more taxis home from The Valley pub.

Glad your giving the new managers support and hope you continue to go in. So the new managers are ok, you jsut need to make sure that they stay. Alot cheaper for you then ?
I ALSO WILL USE THE PUB ALOT MORE. AND GOOD LUCK TO THE NEW MANAGERS!!!!!!

Glad to hear of a more positive response to the managers of this pub.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline carlatsams

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17 - 2013 »
went in last night what a lovely pub landlady? very pkeasant . it should be listed certaintly.

Offline Pintataddy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18 - 2013 »
I agree...It is a nice pub The Landlord and Landlady are very nice and infact most of them who work behind the bar are very nice and chatty. Always good to see a friendly pub :)

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 8 - 2014 »
Been back in today, Beer spot on, place nice and clean and bar staff friendly. What more can one ask?

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 8 - 2014 »
Adding more photos.

Offline Alpine lady

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jul 3 - 2014 »
   Well were do I start I think in the last three yrs there has been six managers in the new inn,and the latest have got to be the worst I have ever seen.No training what so ever can't even pull a pint,you ask for a pint of cider and you get bitter,Nicky and guy well,she is employed by another company and is actual on the sick and taken up a job as manager of the new inn, oh and there is guy who tells everyone that he is a qualified accountant he can't add up or use a till what a joke!!!!! Some customers have started serving themselves after Nicky got rid of the only members of staff who knew what they were doing. There is also the issue of drugs being sold and taken on the premises by the manager Nicky and her boyfriend who by all accounts is moving in and working behind the bar, could it get any worse, well yes it can as they are advertising new menu coming soon well if they can't pull a pint,change a barrel, clean the lines, what will the food be like. We were in for quiz night Wednesday it was more like a school exam no laughing or joking oh and no drinking as guy rung one bell we went to get our drinks and were told it was time!!!!!!

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #39 on: Jul 3 - 2014 »
   Well were do I start I think in the last three yrs there has been six managers in the new inn,and the latest have got to be the worst I have ever seen.No training what so ever can't even pull a pint,you ask for a pint of cider and you get bitter,Nicky and guy well,she is employed by another company and is actual on the sick and taken up a job as manager of the new inn, oh and there is guy who tells everyone that he is a qualified accountant he can't add up or use a till what a joke!!!!! Some customers have started serving themselves after Nicky got rid of the only members of staff who knew what they were doing. There is also the issue of drugs being sold and taken on the premises by the manager Nicky and her boyfriend who by all accounts is moving in and working behind the bar, could it get any worse, well yes it can as they are advertising new menu coming soon well if they can't pull a pint,change a barrel, clean the lines, what will the food be like. We were in for quiz night Wednesday it was more like a school exam no laughing or joking oh and no drinking as guy rung one bell we went to get our drinks and were told it was time!!!!!!

Wow...  ?S?

Offline Mr Taddy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jul 3 - 2014 »
I was in the New in yesterday and its true, he really can`t pull a pint and the OBB was not as good as it has been.

Offline Alpine lady

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jul 4 - 2014 »
Well thought me and my mate would give it another try in the new inn seen as it our local,it goes from one extreme to the other Wednesday night could not get las orders,then on Thursday night she is pulling drinks after time for ppl in the tap room this was at 11.30 pm well do to you for getting served :GIVEB:

Offline JohnF

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jul 12 - 2014 »
Having read all of the above it is clear that both Nicky and Guy have not been given a chance! That said Nicky is not yet on the staff of Sam's and cannot be so employed until she has recovered from the injury to her hand.
Both are however keen to learn and get involved with the community. Originally employed with no staff hours granted - hence dispensation with existing staff- they were fighting from the start. Seems to me to be granted no staff hours was simply a test they were given and have come through that with flying colours
That is now being rectified and it seems that HS is now seeing the light and on the face of it has granted reasonable requests put forward by Guy.
I agree that the pub needs some consistency and we as customers need to get behind the present incumbents and support them. The past has gone and there is no going back no matter the circumstances.
Apparently HS was sent an anonymous letter stressing quite a few of the points made in other postings denigrating Guy and his business partner, Nicky. This was a despicable action by the writer of that letter - sour grapes perhaps? 

Offline pubuser

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jul 13 - 2014 »
I agree with JohnF, for gods sake give them a chance!!!!   If it bothers you so much then dont go in.  All new people have to start some where. The Hump is not an easy man to start with so they have got their work cut out there - with out being down trodden by the some of the locals.  I will try a pint and see just what it is like.

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jul 13 - 2014 »
I agree with JohnF, for gods sake give them a chance!!!!   If it bothers you so much then dont go in.  All new people have to start some where. The Hump is not an easy man to start with so they have got their work cut out there - with out being down trodden by the some of the locals.  I will try a pint and see just what it is like.

Agreed. It seems some folks come on here just to have a beef.

Tone