Author Topic: The Angel and White Horse - Location: Tadcaster  (Read 59615 times)  Share 

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
Re: The Angel and White Horse - Location: Tadcaster
« Reply #45 on: Feb 28 - 2013 »
WOW about time he made it look like its been looked after its the face of the brewery. You would have thought the old goat would have done it years ago,

MMMMMmmmmmmmm wonder how many jobs are going to ease this in the budget, i heard it had been downscaled a few months back due to his coffers being lower than he expected

8) 8) :-* :-* :-* :-* 0-) 0-) :::K :::K :::K :::K :SRD :WF :WF :EX

NEWSFLASH on top of the 330+ pubs he runs Mr Humphrey Smith will be taking over at the angel and white horse when reopened hahahaha only joking but wouldnt not be surpeised if it was announced

All pubs do seem to be being changed into the multi room format upon there refurbishment am sure he will have some strange reasoning for this!

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #46 on: Feb 28 - 2013 »
It is certainly about time that he refurbished his flagship pub. I think that the plans have changed several times, so not sure exactly what the brewery is doing with the pub. Shall try and go at some point and see what is happening and when it is reopening. Yes he seems to like small rooms, rather than larger spaces. Plenty of examples to choose from.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline supersammy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #47 on: Mar 1 - 2013 »
I must admit I had to smile when I read this post - so the pub on the brewery doorstep is looking for a management couple. If any prospective managers even glance at this site surely they would think twice about taking a Sam's pub even at the other end of the country - but next door to the brewery!!!! With daily visits from the hierarchy and all the terror that must bring - who in their right mind would subject themselves to such micro management?

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Mar 1 - 2013 »
Not a good choice of pub for a new manager, right inbetween the brewery. Could get daily visits from Humphrey and co, causing more problems than you want. I would have thought that the managers need a backbone of steel to want to run the place.

Notice in the window, says refurbishment and closed until further notice. So no big opening date organised yet. Must be some problem, as looked pretty cleared out to me.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Apr 2 - 2013 »
anyone got the latest on the brewerys flagship refurbishment at the angel and white horse or has humph not got time to hang wallpaper as well as all the other jobs he seems to undertake these days !!!!

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Apr 2 - 2013 »
Not been through Tadcaster for a while, but may go through this week or next and see what is happening. I doubt that Humphrey will be hanging the wall paper, or putting up the photos.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Apr 11 - 2013 »
This pub is still shut for a refurbishment, it was suppose to last 16 weeks. But looks no different inside to 2/3 weeks ago. They seem to be replacing the panelling, not sure if they are jsut repainting it or replacing it. Apparently also found some abestos, and so the delay with the refurbishment. Shall pass through Tadcaster, in a few weeks and see what is happening.

Wonder if the shire horses have been moved during the refurbishment.

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Apr 11 - 2013 »
sounds like more expense too if they found asbestos !!

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Apr 12 - 2013 »

Would imagine a large amount more money is going to be spent on the pub than origionally thought. If it's as good as other recent refurbishments , then I shall go and have a look.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Jul 2 - 2013 »
Have heard a rumour that this pub is due to reopen in early July, can anybody say if it is open yet ? Also can someone say whether the new dress code is true (no work clothes, or workers) only smartly dressed people. Also has Humphrey appointed a new manager yet ? As not seen this one advertised for a while ?

Offline larry

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Jul 2 - 2013 »

Would imagine a large amount more money is going to be spent on the pub than origionally thought. If it's as good as other recent refurbishments , then I shall go and have a look.

Was still closed last friday when I went past it, but plenty of work apparently ongoing. :)

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Jul 2 - 2013 »

Was still closed last friday when I went past it, but plenty of work apparently ongoing. :)

Shall leave Taddy for a few weeks then & thanks.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Jul 10 - 2013 »
I understand that this pub is reopenign on the 15 July, can anybody confirm this pleae ? As the other day it looked as though they were still busy working away on the archway. Poster in the windows was asking for staff, so must be opening soon. Not sure of the new dress code and no standing at the bar. Food menu is going to be the destination style menu.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Jul 10 - 2013 »
How about a trip to Taddy on Saturday 20th of July?

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Jul 15 - 2013 »
Popped in today,great family taken over,nice renovation,stone floors new walls and fireplace and gents toilets wow!,opened today with local dignitaries,mayor etc mr smith made a speech and opened pub.Congrats to mr smith for a great,(no expense spared) refurb and best wishes to new managers.ps stood at bar no problem and OBB was spot on.