Author Topic: The Angel and White Horse - Location: Tadcaster  (Read 59618 times)  Share 

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: The Angel and White Horse - Location: Tadcaster
« Reply #60 on: Jul 15 - 2013 »
Popped in today,great family taken over,nice renovation,stone floors new walls and fireplace and gents toilets wow!,opened today with local dignitaries,mayor etc mr smith made a speech and opened pub.Congrats to mr smith for a great,(no expense spared) refurb and best wishes to new managers.ps stood at bar no problem and OBB was spot on.

Did you take any photos?

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jul 15 - 2013 »
No,my phone cost less than ?10 and is one up from two bean tins and string!,besides that don't want to get new people in trouble from day one.New wall goes across from where door to back yard was with new fire place,exit to back yard is behind the new wall in new room created where the old fireplace still is.if you are coming over let me know and I will do my best to meet up,would be a pleasure to buy you a pint and have a chat.BB

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jul 15 - 2013 »
No,my phone cost less than ?10 and is one up from two bean tins and string!,besides that don't want to get new people in trouble from day one.New wall goes across from where door to back yard was with new fire place,exit to back yard is behind the new wall in new room created where the old fireplace still is.

That is why everybody knows on here that I take inside photographs without managers knowing that I'm taking them.
Yes I've been caught a couple of times and one or two mangers have challenged me about it.  Not been ask to leave yet, but I think I've been close to it.

Anyhow I may get a train up to Selby on Saturday then walk to Taddy for opening time, I may also see if I can go past the Red Bear to see how it's getting on.

ian.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Jul 15 - 2013 »
Nice walk along the old railway line to ebor at bish,slight detour to crosss keys at stillingfleet on the way nice day out,your photos and contribution to the forum are much appreciated,will cover you in angel! not been in red bear,last time i was there a few months back at lunchtime friday it was closed?Cheers BB

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jul 15 - 2013 »
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, you got me thinking. I could walk along the disused railway to Bishopthorpe then pick up the Ebor Way into Taddy. 

Are you saying that you will be in Taddy yourself Bitterboy on Saturday?   I'll try to be in the Angel at noon. If I get there before noon I'll be in the one "up the hill" as it opens at 11am.

ian.

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jul 15 - 2013 »
If you two are having an eyeball in Taddy on Saturday I could well join you if you don't mind.

Tone

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Jul 15 - 2013 »
If you two are having an eyeball in Taddy on Saturday I could well join you if you don't mind.

Tone

Of course, but be warned I'm a boring bugger. I can talk about Sam Smith's pubs for hours on end. :()

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #67 on: Jul 15 - 2013 »

Tone

Of course, but be warned I'm a boring bugger. I can talk about Sam Smith's pubs for hours on end. :()

You and a few others on here.  0-)

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jul 16 - 2013 »

Tone

You and a few others on here.  0-)

Please note, I said pubs, not Sam Smith's policy

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jul 16 - 2013 »
Not that you've scared me off, but I've just be invited over to Lancaster for a camping weekend.

I should be able to check out:

The Tivoli Morecambe

Ye Olde Blue Bell Preston

The Blue Bell Hotel   Kendal way

Tone

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #70 on: Jul 16 - 2013 »
Not that you've scared me off, but I've just be invited over to Lancaster for a camping weekend.

The Tivoli Morecambe

Tone

You can see Eric Morecambe from the window of the Tivoli.  Also, check out the Midland Hotel - one of the greatest art deco buildings in the UK and used as a film set for Poirot, if I remember correctly, and I do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midland_Hotel,_Morecambe

DB.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Jul 16 - 2013 »

The Tivoli Morecambe

Tone

You can see Eric Morecambe from the window of the Tivoli.  Also, check out the Midland Hotel - one of the greatest art deco buildings in the UK and used as a film set for Poirot, if I remember correctly, and I do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midland_Hotel,_Morecambe

DB.

Are you sure you can see Eric Morecambe from the window?    More like you can see Eric Morecambe in the Tivoli window. 

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2669514

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Jul 16 - 2013 »
Also been in and the new management couple were friendly and welcoming. Must say that the refurbishment is very very well done, with a new stone floor; which looks stunning. The front wall paper is a light brown which is fine and looks good with the new paint. The pictures in the front part are not as good as the previous ones. The new wall looks stunning and the wall paper is again very striking. The snug has had a new makeover.

The new wall does however make the next room rather small, and wouldn't like to be sitting in it when the fire is lit. The top section is probably the restaurant area. Obviously still working on the stable entrance and so makes the beer garden small for the moment. Not sure I agree with the light fittings, some up and some down. But overall a brilliant job Humphrey and hope that you do others out as well in the future.

Also now has the full range of beer in and also surprisingly the Best Bitter.

Was told that you could stand at the bar, and the dress code is not strict, as some people were suggesting. Also running the destination style menu.

Not sure that I can make the weekend Ian, as I am going to a managers leaving do the day before.

Please note that I couldn't take any photos due to a large number of brewery staff and management around whilst I was in the pub.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #73 on: Jul 16 - 2013 »

The Tivoli Morecambe

Tone

DB.

Are you sure you can see Eric Morecambe from the window?    More like you can see Eric Morecambe in the Tivoli window. 

What like HM did?

And now for a pint of OBB?  :BL

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Jul 16 - 2013 »

The Tivoli Morecambe

Tone

DB.

What like HM did?

And now for a pint of OBB?  :BL

Very good. Where you having your pint of OBB ? Enjoy  :BL

Forgot to say that the toilets at this pub are extremely posh.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB