Author Topic: The Colliers Arms - Location: Elland West Yorkshire  (Read 13217 times)  Share 

Offline UnderPaidWorker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Face even

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
I was in on Saturday,a great pub in a great location,will be back in the summer when canal boats are there,however still well worth a trip,great pub/OBB/managers,nice warm clean pub,made very welcome,will be back.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
I was in on Saturday,a great pub in a great location,will be back in the summer when canal boats are there,however still well worth a trip,great pub/OBB/managers,nice warm clean pub,made very welcome,will be back.

Nice to hear. It has had the merry go round of managers of late so lets hope these are successful.

It's a pub I want to visit but am never that way....

Offline Harri

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
The pub is getting dirty. Slug trails all over the carpet, window bottoms are black, some flower things stuck to the window which are now all black, tables outside never get cleaned. They cough, sneeze, poke their ears, blow their nose and never once think to wash their hands. Customers have actually  told them to get their hands washed after sneezing into them. You see customers looking at each other and you can tell they are saying things about the pair of hillbillies behind the bar. And if you have a complaint, best keep it to yourself as they are never wrong!

Offline Harri

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
The bar looks like it has now been removed. Noticed some workmen in. Looks like an empty shell. Don't know when it will reopen. Looks like alot a work to do inside & out. :GIVEB:

Offline waterhenbloa

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
any news on when colliers will reopen ?

Offline Harri

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Nothing doing as yet. I wish he would pull his finger out and get something done. It would have been packed out these last few days with the sun. :GIVEB: :WF

Offline Harri

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Was informed last Friday that if the Colliers does reopen it will be sometime next year, maybe next June. :HJH :o :GIVEB:

Offline Harri

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Work has started on the Pub this week. Happy Days. ; ;D :DD

Offline carlatsams

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
It's finally reopened after the floods  .

Offline carlatsams

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Finally visited this week  it's been restored to the usual Sams  now 3 rooms  with a central corridor  busy  and I've been told that the food is excellent . Obb  was jolly good as well.  :BL

Offline waterhenbloa

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Yes I am glad it's open. A friendly welcome from couple behind the bar and a great pint of bitter. Jim

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
According to SS online facebook page the Colliers Arm's has had  makeover,and was wondering if members knew if the pub has reopened yet? Looks like a modern feel that many other SS now have.

https://www.facebook.com/samuelsmithsbrewery/?hc_ref=ARTL_nA46PkqAZJD7keeNYCmNqUV--znq-fFgHL-gpogXjwEZ5Os1jsWuXkgT3AGxVk
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB