Author Topic: Area Managers  (Read 12454 times)  Share 

Offline belfastgirl

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Area Managers
« on: Jun 13 - 2008 »
we have an area manager who has no respect for the staff that we have,thinks hes above us,but wot he knows about the bar trade you could rite on beer mat,he struts about the place trying to look important but really just looks like the plonker he is,hes an a,hole and i just wish sam smiths would just give up and sell us on. >:(
« Last Edit: Jun 19 - 2008 by Admin »

Offline lovejoy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: area manegers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19 - 2008 »
Your not alone..

They all are just now, One in particular  ???

Offline belfastgirl

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Area Managers
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23 - 2008 »
i wonder if we are talking about the same one? ;)

Offline lindyloo

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 4 - 2008 »
i know what u mean some don't have a clue about what staff,customers or their managers need they just want profits for the bosses,

Offline jim

• Member Karma = +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12 - 2008 »
lol f.o.b?

Offline latte

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31 - 2008 »
totally agree, ours is a pillock. i'd hate to be an area manager for Sam's anyway cos shite company to work for but thers no excuse for our's bein the way he is.

fatboy

• Non-Member
« Reply #6 on: Sep 4 - 2008 »
Believe it or not, there are some very good area managers about.  We have one of them. Danger is Humph is p*****g him off too.  Can't see him staying for too long.  It really would be a crying shame if he went because he really makes life easy for us.  He allows us to do our job and seems to shield us from His Majesty.  It also seems that he has to battle the poison dwarf too, who seems to have an imput even though he does not cover our area.  Brown tongued is not really a strong enough description for the dwarf.   

Offline sackedbysam

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 16 - 2008 »
we had dealings with the pin stripe suit poison dwarf are you all aware that this person has a criminal record for violence against a female who just happened to be his girlfriend how sad that this little weasel has been allowed to run roughshod over us all in the past and is still getting away with it what hold does he have over the prince of darkness he treated us like idiots but he never got the better of us in the end we left his area and never regretted it for a minute you new so called managers ha ha that is debatable watch out for the infamous fob you have been warned

Offline viking

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10 - 2008 »
How can the the little man keep his job with a criminal record, it,s beyond belief.

Offline sugar

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 11 - 2008 »
the poison dwarf has not only got a criminal record for hitting his girlfriend , he has been done for drink driving twice!!!!!!!!!! so i wonder what he has got on hs !!!!!!!!!!! does anyone konw  ???

Offline angry

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 11 - 2008 »
just come back home after doing a relief, lovley place, great staff, and wonderful customers, have had no visit from area manager not even to get bank details for being paid, on last night got a phone call from (you all know who) at ten to eleven to tell me i had gone over on staff hours for the last week by 35 hours, never even given any indication of staff hours so was completeley in the dark, came home and tried to ring to discuss, no phone call forth coming, advise please on how to get paid ??? if i send details to wages am i going to get paid?

MOGI

• Non-Member
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12 - 2008 »
Well the obvious first step is to send your details in, in my experience of working with fob, if you dont get paid on time, ring him and tell him youve not been paid.
Seeing as you have now left the pub I dont know how long it will be before you work for them next, I would deduct my wages from the first weekly take from the next job, that is the only SURE way you wil get paid, dont expect them to be cooperative cos they wont be, they are in meltdown at the moment.

Bri.   

Offline passedit

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #12 on: Oct 13 - 2008 »
Not sure on the legal side ,but could this be classed as theft ? A visit to the police,or take them to the small claims court,not sure on maximum amount you can claim for.It,s worth considering,all the best.

Offline Max

• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 13 - 2008 »
Pursuing Payment - Legal Advice

In the event of someone (not employed by the company) who has completed contractual work as a relief manager, it would be considered by the courts, that the brewery would not permit that individual to start work at those premises unless it was agreed by both parties, the terms by which the contract is mutually agreed. Verbal contract is also recognized in English law, although proof without a third-party witness, can sometime be a problem - unless it could be considered a 'reasonable understanding of the arrangement', based on previous example or experience.

It would also be considered in the eyes of the law, 'unreasonable', for the brewery not to pay for the contracted services, without good legally binding reason, within the prior agreed payment period - or in the absence of such 'payment period' being agreed - 30 days. beyond that period (or the agreed payment), an interest charge may be added to the account, based on current 'base rate', and charged additionally, on a continual basis.

Failure of full payment (without good legally, provable reason) would constitute a breach of contract, which can then be pursued by the plaintiff, through the courts - and can even be initiated online, using this Government website... Her Majesty's Court Service - Money Claim Online
Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.

Offline passedit

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #14 on: Oct 13 - 2008 »
Do any of you guys and dolls realise some managers are paid less than relief managers,so sack the reliefs hope they apply for the pubs they are holding [many are] and pay them less,I do believe reliefs sign to work only 48 hours.This rings of a F.O.B idea,does anyone else think this is plausable?