Author Topic: It only just the start of thing to come  (Read 11892 times)  Share 

Offline bear

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
It only just the start of thing to come
« on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
Since the removal of the t.v,s and music humph knows and has admitted he has made  a mistake and will not reverse it. So everone has now got to pay the price. First  step to save on cost  of lost profit,  cut staff hours reduce cleaning budget turn off lights cut back on window cleaners and gardeners. NOT ENOUGH  pension fund in a shortfall long serving managers get rid of them keep replacing managers before they become ellegable to join the pension fund. Is that it NO all managers will achieve 5% surplus you are not skimming of me anymore (his words at the last meeting) you can rob your customers but not him. 5% to get 5% you have to pull the perfect pint, no waste no spillage and don't forget no mistakes that how perfection sorry only humph is perfect. All the new so called managers look back into the pub records see how many staff hours and the salary your counterparts were on then work out you hourly rate minimum wage you will see its not rocket science.

Offline Tink

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: It only just the start of thing to come
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
it stinks... i am absolutely fed up with his sh*t... i feel really ill ... i have 2 kids 1 on the way and looking at the sack.... i have never felt so low... bin to dox today... im not ill no sicknote... it fluffin stinks... what do i do

Offline bear

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
go back to doc,s get a sick note for stress. you and your baby are more important than the job. doc can not refuse a sick note if your stressed out because of the job.

Offline Tink

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
they just did.... we all have hard times she said.... this wont help... didn't want to go on it the first place out of embarrasment... but i thought well they cant sack me if im on sick... now i bin refused im even more embarrased. alll the people in the club are talking about us cus they know whats happening ... i cant cope

Offline bear

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
what an understanding doctor you have? when is baby due?
are you in a union if not you should join alot of sams employees have joined unite (transport and general workers)
you can join on line yorkshire comes under region 8 phill bown the union man.

Offline belfastgirl

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
go to diff doc,u will get one,as long as ur on the sick,that wxxxxr cant touch u,good luck,

Offline belfastgirl

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
keep us updated with all that is going on down there,with us being up here we dont hear a lot,i get it all from this site,we get the odd bit but not enough,we feel out of it at times,but we feel the same way as everyone,

Offline Tink

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
im from the yorkshire area where his lordship has taken over as area manager... 3 pubs around me have had same crap... im 12 weeks preg.... im doin im for sex disc.... only started since i told them i was pregas... well thats my aim anyway...

i was so embarrased the first time round at the dox.. why should i lower myself anymore... i have never been out of employment since i was 15 and have only had to have support of the government for 3 weeks when i left a bad relationship.. i feel cheated

Offline bear

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
how long have you worked for sams?
are you in the union?
its not about being ashamed it about covering your back and looking after yourself. you have to play him at his own game. all he will do is grind you down untill he gets his own way by going on the sick he can not toutch you for 13 weeks.

Offline Tink

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
i have only worked for them for 2 years.. my husband has been working for them for nearly 10 years.. we thought we were ok as we did everything his lordship asked... so we dint bother.. i have just been looking at the website to  join now.. so i think that is the next move.

Are you a Manager or EX... which part of uk are you.

Offline ems 21

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 28 - 2008 »
what a great site,as 4 the pregnant lady,u get back 2 the docs and demand sick note,u and ur baby are the most important people here,not that dick h,s,but dont u worry,that man will get wots coming to him,he will come up short soon,to many people he upset and he cant win all the time,pay people off then sweep it all under the carpet,we are gettin wise to him now,and sometimes money isnt enough,he will come crashing down if we all stick together and take him down,good luck to u,look after yourself,and most importantly ur baby.

Offline bear

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 29 - 2008 »
have worked for sams a long time one of the longest serving left i think
all you have to do is look after yourself.
not being detrimental to anyone  but it was proved right in yorkshire region thay all said they would all stick together and they did not and look what happend to them Frank and PAM 24 years service sacked ALLan and his wife 20 years sacked mick and carol 10 years sacked mick and partner sacked chris and kelly left 24 years not a thank you to any of them thats the man you are working for so dont think you anyone has any standing in this company  they dont.

Offline Tink

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 29 - 2008 »
we are in Doncaster too.. the next in the firing line.. we know frank and pam well and kelly n chris.. not sure who the others are.. im sure my husband will know... if you know these guys then you probably go the  same man meetings at sawdust - cudworth.   its a shame ... my husband was just saying the same... 16 years of his life dedicated to sams (10 stint this time 6 years relief) what does he have to go to now... he is down because he has no qualifications and is pannicking about supporting his family - me 2 kids and one on the way.. which is quite natural..

i think the sticking together part was hard... we have family to look after and thought if we did what he wanted then we would be ok... obviously not.. whether we stuck together or not i dont think it would have made a difference... but the songs not over till the fat lady sings (and i haven't even begun singing yet)

i am alot calmer today than i was yesterday but thanks to all for their support and encouragement... the man will not win i assure you...

Offline swivell

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 2 - 2008 »
Transport manager has been sent packing today

Offline Max

• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 2 - 2008 »
Transport manager has been sent packing today

:( Was there any specific reason, do you know? Or was it just another crazy HS idea?
Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.