Author Topic: It only just the start of thing to come  (Read 11891 times)  Share 

Offline swivell

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: It only just the start of thing to come
« Reply #15 on: Sep 2 - 2008 »
sorry no details yet

Offline Tink

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 2 - 2008 »
just to be warning any managers out there... do not trust the surveyors either.(especially the one with the dark hair).. when we first met them they were fab.. lovely people...now they have bin sent round the pub to inpect for a full refurb - it was a lie it was to go round taking pictures of anything they could use to get us out..

well after our pointless meeting with his lordship today... we are still no wiser as to what is happening... got another 4 week to increase trade from last years figures.... which isn't goin to happen... one with no entertainment and another with people not spending their money... ..

anyway he got a good piece of my mind today..

dont forget you peeps that are in bother.. mr smith has been making things up to make us look bad.... he only sees what e wants to see...

cover your arses... dont give him anything even the smallest thing to grumble... eg... the weeds on our neighbours wall is stopping customers coming in to drink.... (how pathetic)

Offline moggy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sep 8 - 2008 »
your only guarantee of keeping your job, is to join a union,it does not matter which one it can be confidential and as soon as the unions have 51% then they can take legal action against hump, he is contravening all eec working regulations and our own govt regs on working which ever union has the most members that one will become the negotiator. if you are sitting pretty be warned it will happen to you next.

Offline sackedbysam

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sep 18 - 2008 »
Tink i hope you are feeling better.  Me and my husband are a couple from Doncaster area that were sacked back in June even though i was on the sick with depression caused by the prince of darkness.  But please dont let him stress you out we are taking him to court pretty soon and i cant wait to see him get his comeuppance.  Just remember your children and husband are much more important than this idiot company and tell your husband not to worry there are lots of pub manager jobs out there.  He made me ill but dont let him make you feel the same if you need to talk or any advise just e.mail me and i will give you my phone number.

Offline Mike D Williamson

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 18 - 2008 »
Hi I'm Mike Williamson of the G M B Union. My number is 0785-580-2421. I have a number of Sam Smiths pub managers, as my members. I have represented them at the Rochdale office in grievances & disciplinaries. We have had a number of meetings where the same issues arise. I had a case to take forward with our solicitors as to breach of contract & minimum pay/ working time directive. Unfortunately the manager concerned called of the session with the solicitors.
                        There's another case brewing

There is legislation now, whereby if we get 51% of an area, then I can take the company to court and gain legal recognition. No strikes, no names.
I involve -A C A S-. I do this on a regular basis and have taken one company all the way to the C A C and won full recognition,the right to represent & negotiate improvements in pay, terms & conditions. All the members/employees did, was join.
                                  It's in your hands

Offline sackedbysam

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sep 25 - 2008 »
my husband and myself were sacked in june by hs we were and are still on sick because of all the stress caused by this man so be warned my husband was assaulted by a now x customer and what does hs do he employs the man now one of his newbies (sucker)  what a despicable thing to do we have been told we can sue for all the bad feeling he has caused us he does not care about anyone at all my mother was terminaly ill  in 2001 i spent as much time as i was able with her but there was no compassion at all from this company anyone who is currently on sick should visit their doctor and ask for a letter stating that the stress of the situation is contributing to their illness do it asap it will be a help later on we were with sams for almost 10 years it counted for nothing in the end as for sticking tog some of us did and that has been to our benefit as we have all kept each other sane we are nearly at the final hurdle now you all now know what is coming stick tog and you will be victorious we have had a terrible 6 months but it will be worth it any help or encouragement just e mail ok

Offline freddy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 21 - 2008 »
Transport manager has been sent packing today

I thought Oliver was managing the transport as an interim measure, surely he hasn't sacked himself?

Offline Max

• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #22 on: Oct 21 - 2008 »
I thought Oliver was managing the transport as an interim measure, surely he hasn't sacked himself?

:D Nothing would surprise us - but at least he could probably apply to himself for his job back.
Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.

Offline mary

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 22 - 2008 »
Back in the day the union we joined was NALHM - National Association of Licenced House Managers, we have been in the union, since changed names since early 80's and my husband was at one point North West Area rep, having to represent quite a few errant, and some clearly innocent managers. He would be in his element with you lot. You have to stand up and be counted, you can't let this company ride roughshod over so many lives, they need to be accountable. You are people with lives and families as well as pubs to run. Don't you deserve to be looked after, no we'd say coddled even, by the people who employ you. You are the frontline, you represent them. If you are miserable (and you seem to be) how can you project a good image of the company, how can they expect that you will. Come on, join your union. You know it makes sense, they will give you a voice. 8) 8) :-X :-X