Author Topic: Dyneley Arms - Location: Pool In Wharfedale, West Yorkshire  (Read 28914 times)  Share 

Offline bigjim

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
exmerch - no I'm afraid that deal didn't go ahead - Wetherspoons did the Cross Keys themsleves and Market Town Taverns are still looking for an Otley outlet.

Offline exmerch

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi
Sorry , ministry of disinformation at work!
'Spoons have the Bowling Green and Market Town Taverns have apparently aquired Te Three Horseshoes.
Cheers
Exmerch

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
A new pub has opened i believe in Otley where a cafe was next to Pickles.I think its called the Cock something, which is meant to sell real ales.Might try it soon
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline bigjim

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
Yet again Humphrey's willingness to spare no expense on some of his pub estate has borne fruit in the form of a commendation from CAMRA for the Dyneley Arms in their pub refurbishment category 2009.

http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=328012

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
I've been in Leeds today on a bit of business and found myself driving passed the Dyneley Arms, I was going to pop in and make it my 202 Sam's pub visited but it was closed for the afternoon .  If you did not know that it was a pub you'll be hard pressed to know it is.

Driving in Leeds is a nightmare, I bet the locals get fedup with it all. I was meeting someone at Leeds Train Station but got there a few minutes early so my wife got out the car to meet them while I went round the block.  25 minutes and around 3 miles later I got back to the station.

None members will be able to see this photo from tomorrow on   http://www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=20779739 But there is already  222 Sam Smith's pub photo's to see now.  Just click on any photo you want to enlarge.
« Last Edit: Apr 16 - 2011 by ian »

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
 ;D yes that dreaded loop road i bet

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
;D yes that dreaded loop road i bet

Yes you've got it in one ant,  I used to drive quite a bit in Leeds 20 odd years ago when our daughter was at Leeds uni, and I do seem to remember it was a lot easier then now.

ian.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
An interesting article in yesterdays Yorshire Evening press. Considering Sams policy of no comment on most subjects. Has the manager here been given permission to phone up, I wonder.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/lifestyle/bar-and-pub-reviews/pub_review_the_dyneley_arms_pool_in_wharfedale_1_3373237
« Last Edit: May 13 - 2011 by OldBreweryDrinker »
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline bigjim

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
"Functioning as a proper dining pub once again" - dream on!

We called in over the bank holiday weekend and the staff were run ragged - the kitchen staff couldn't cope and I heard the manager say they weren't taking any more food orders for at least an hour. Now may I stress that the pub was certainly not heaving - nothing like - but the staff couldn't cope as per Humphrey's ridiculous staffing allocation. The menu was nothing special either - the standard, but slightly improved microwave fayre. You still can't get steak and chips. Not sure what planet this reviewer is on at the YEP.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
I was also in here over one of the bank holiday weekends and it was very busy and a wait for food. The staff could not cope, but we all know that this is down to a low amount of staff hours been allocated in key trading times eg bank holidays. Maybe the report is been paid by Humphrey

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
I believe that the managers here have stayed over a year and signed the new contracts. On my last visit the place was quite busy, but not doing a great deal of food. Despite it been a food pub rather than a drinking one. Not sure how the managers have increased the trade more than the previous ones. May be Humphrey likes them and or needs a manager to stay.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
Mixed review for the food in this pub according to the trip advisor site.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g660735-d2439534-Reviews-Dyneley_Arms-Otley_West_Yorkshire_England.html

As this pub doesn't get a review that often.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
Found myself passing here on the bus the other day and yes I did have my camera with me.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
How was your visit to the Dyneley Arms, as I have heard mixed reviews of late about this pub ? Great photos and hope you didn't have too much trouble crossing that horrible junction. Did you manage to take a few of the inside ones ?

Lovely pub

Offline splash

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
some times hs cant see a drinking pub not all pubs are food pubs even if it servers a meal a week    hasnt worked out yet what the prices are to put on to put on gas and leccy