Author Topic: Dyneley Arms - Location: Pool In Wharfedale, West Yorkshire  (Read 28152 times)  Share 

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Been in here the other Sunday and was pretty busy for food and drinks. Appears to sell rather more soft drinks and coffee than beer. Suppose it is a destination pub and people have to drive to get to it. Quite a few customers seem to be having food of the new style menu, as well as sunday lunches.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
This pub seems to always get quite a few mixed reviews, from trip advisor and also customers visiting other SS pubs. The opening hours are pretty rigid, but does open all day Saturday & Sunday now, can't remember about Friday's but can check. Does appear to be getting busier with the new menu in place, not sure where the reviewer gets the price for the fish from.

http://www.harewoodarmshotel.co.uk/Menu%202013%20HAREWOOD%20HOTEL.pdf

Same destination menu as the Harewood Arms Hotel.

The drinks changing is a definite no, I understand about the soft drinks they are not the best. But they are made by a brewer and not a soft drinks manufacturer. As to the staff, suppose it depends on the day and how busy they are. Think at the bank holidays they do food all day till about 5ish, so doesn't shut as usual on bank holiday Mondays.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g660735-d2439534-r160110475-Dyneley_Arms-Otley_West_Yorkshire_England.html

Two last reviews show the contrast.
« Last Edit: Sep 6 - 2013 by OldBreweryDrinker »
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
The original Dyneley Arms!.

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
BB do we have a date for this photo please ? As I think it is up in the pub, if I get a chance I shall go and have a look over the weekend for the date or further information.

Believe the managers are away for a month here.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
Apologies OBD for not replying sooner been visiting pubs,no date on the picture I'm afraid but got this one of the Potternewton cycling club c1890 and looks same,certainly turn of the century ish.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
Another nice picture of the Dyneley,sadly undated.