Author Topic: License  (Read 2330 times)  Share 

Offline shemon

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Manager
License
« on: Aug 17 - 2010 »
Had a visit from licensing officer yesterday. Apparently our license doesnt permit children under 14 years old into the pub. We've always let children in with their parents. May be a good idea if you all have a read at yours to make sure you are not breaking the law.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: License
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17 - 2010 »
I know that Samuel Smith's pub dont have a childrens license, or the few i regularly go in dont, looking at the documents on the wall.But do know that some only allow children into the tap room and not the lounge area.Not sure sure on the general policy of the brewery though.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline blueboy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17 - 2010 »
My place does not include children on the license, and I would be most surprised if anyone had a Smiffy pub that included children in the license particulars.
Some years ago, some conditions of a children's license being offered was as follows:'
There must be baby changing facilities, a room without a sales point for alcohol, a closed door dividing the children's room from the bar areas. Child friendly loos.
These mentioned items cost money, and you know how Smiffy is with his money. It is much cheaper to exclude children, and let's be honest, the majority of people have organised a babysitter so that they can be out enjoying themselves. Thus they do not appreciate other peoples kids in pubs. I may be old fashioned, but inside a drinking pub is not the enviroment for young kids. They should be out in the garden full stop.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17 - 2010 »
I'm with Blueboy on this one, there's plenty of pubs that welcome children and good for them. But not the kind of pub I want to drink in.

Just for the record.  When my two where young and went into pubs with us they sat at the table with us and did not run around all over the place.