Author Topic: Advice please, we are considering becoming a management couple  (Read 15158 times)  Share 

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
to anyone thinking of taking on a sam smiths pub, i have run pubs for over 21 years i am presently running a sam smiths pub my advise
to one and all think of something else like sky diving without a shoot, or testing land mines these apeal to me more

Strange, can you explain why then? Have you handed in your notice?

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
to anyone thinking of taking on a sam smiths pub, i have run pubs for over 21 years i am presently running a sam smiths pub my advise
to one and all think of something else like sky diving without a shoot, or testing land mines these apeal to me more

Strange, can you explain why then? Have you handed in your notice?

I can only speak about the building trade.  In my 48 years of working in the trade I found that most workers would have a good moan at everything and everyone who worked for any/all companies that I work for.  Whatever you do for a living people love to grumble just for the sake of it.  I myself have been very lucky in my working life, I've worked for some good companies and  nearly always happy with my lot.   But saying that I've worked for 2 companies that was maybe run somewhat like Sam Smith's (bosses with no people skills)  and I lasted only weeks at each.   So maybe what I'm getting at is, yes I would think most managers will have a good moan on here about their lot,  but maybe not that much as to hand in their notice.   Sometimes the devil you know is better then the devil you don't know.

ian.

Offline splash

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
better the devil u know

Offline splash

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
and with sams better the devil u know

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
Seems to be a mixed bag with the managers at the moment, some happy whilst others are not. Some have changed their minds about the area manager lately, due to the excess pressure he is putting them under.

Still seem to be a fair number of jobs going at Sams again.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline big worm

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
Simple bit of advice DONT DO IT unless you only want a job for 364 days!!  >:(

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
Simple bit of advice DONT DO IT unless you only want a job for 364 days!!  >:(

This is the general rule of thumb. But some managers do get over the 11 months, as already stated there is no magic formula  :WF
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB