Author Topic: Black & Tan  (Read 1183 times)  Share 

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Black & Tan
« on: Sep 11 - 2014 »
I've found I like Black & Tan. Half Sovereign and half Extra Stout. Very nice at ?2.01pp.

We have a temporary manager in our local whilst the managers are on holiday. On HS's instructions she will not serve a Black & Tan straight into the glass. She has to fill two half pint glasses with each, then pour them into a pint glass. i then ask for a top-up as the result is way under 95%.

I'm not in any way at all criticising our temporary manager. She is doing a great job. But Humphrey and his strange pedantic rules? Blimee!

Tone

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
Re: Black & Tan
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11 - 2014 »
I've found I like Black & Tan. Half Sovereign and half Extra Stout. Very nice at ?2.01pp.

We have a temporary manager in our local whilst the managers are on holiday. On HS's instructions she will not serve a Black & Tan straight into the glass. She has to fill two half pint glasses with each, then pour them into a pint glass. i then ask for a top-up as the result is way under 95%.

I'm not in any way at all criticising our temporary manager. She is doing a great job. But Humphrey and his strange pedantic rules? Blimee!

Tone

I oft drink "mix" (half a pint of Mild and Sovereign).  When I ask for a top-up, they usually top up with the Mild, the cheapest of the two!

DB.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Re: Black & Tan
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12 - 2014 »
She has to fill two half pint glasses with each, then pour them into a pint glass.

Quite correct, reduces the risk of contamination of the next drink from what ever tap.  :BL

When I ask for a top-up, they usually top up with the Mild, the cheapest of the two!

Profit, profit, profit it is a Yorkshire company (to 95%):BL