Author Topic: HOT OF THE PRESS AND MUST BE BEGINING OF THE END  (Read 17067 times)  Share 

Offline Triphase

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: HOT OF THE PRESS AND MUST BE BEGINING OF THE END
« Reply #30 on: Feb 2 - 2012 »
News from the York Arms - (I wondered whether it may be better to put this stuff in another thread?) Phil and Cheryl have left, a relief couple from Redcar are there for two weeks then we can expect new managers...

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Feb 4 - 2012 »
News from the York Arms - (I wondered whether it may be better to put this stuff in another thread?) Phil and Cheryl have left, a relief couple from Redcar are there for two weeks then we can expect new managers...

Wow they didn't last very long, but not surprising with the current situation at SSOB. Did they give a reason or not ? More relief couples moving around the empire  :P Can this pub find a new manager, as the next training course is not till mid February.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Nevinyrral

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Feb 6 - 2012 »
well in the current subject of the York Arms: it's not so much a case of them not lasting long as they appear to have been a temporary measure to keep the pub open... they were offered a pub in London (can't remember it's name) before they had been in the York Arms for 2 weeks... that was the area of the country they wanted to be in so they took it.

and as is the case with sam smiths, everything happens fast, they were offered the position one day and were gone from the pub the next.

this may or may not be helpful but is my understanding of the recent changeover... somebody else may have more info.

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Feb 6 - 2012 »
well in the current subject of the York Arms: it's not so much a case of them not lasting long as they appear to have been a temporary measure to keep the pub open... they were offered a pub in London (can't remember it's name) before they had been in the York Arms for 2 weeks... that was the area of the country they wanted to be in so they took it.

and as is the case with sam smiths, everything happens fast, they were offered the position one day and were gone from the pub the next.

this may or may not be helpful but is my understanding of the recent changeover... somebody else may have more info.

On many known occasions managers have either been moved or shuffled round to keep the pubs open. Some with jsut staff and the manager from another pub holding the license. This is happening more and more around the country at the present time. Thanks for the update, I was planning on visting the York pubs soon. So will check it out.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline BlackDog

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Apr 17 - 2012 »
Several Sams pubs that i go into regularly, have a good mix of people of different sexual oreientation or social groups.It makes a night in the pub a better one.

Life would be somewhat boring if we were all the same.

DB.

I have it on very good authority that Humphrey has recently appointed a gay couple (male) to manage one of his finer establishments so it seems he has no qualms in this regard whatsoever. As long as he gets his 5% I don't think anything phases him.

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Apr 17 - 2012 »
Several Sams pubs that i go into regularly, have a good mix of people of different sexual oreientation or social groups.It makes a night in the pub a better one.

Life would be somewhat boring if we were all the same.

DB.

I have it on very good authority that Humphrey has recently appointed a gay couple (male) to manage one of his finer establishments so it seems he has no qualms in this regard whatsoever. As long as he gets his 5% I don't think anything phases him.

He'd be in genuine trouble if he rejected them on grounds of prejudice.

Tone

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Apr 18 - 2012 »
Normally Humphrey has found otehrs reasons to sack managers that are not up to his standards. Whether on grounds of sexuality and or colour. Heard many stories of both. As well as managers that are not married.