Author Topic: HOT OF THE PRESS AND MUST BE BEGINING OF THE END  (Read 18421 times)  Share 

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
THE BRGINING OF THE END of this tyranical regime in tadcaster, he mr hrw smith has banned homosexuals from his pubs,starting with the newly refurbed old red lion in leeds centre,which is in the gay quarter of the city,all the pubs are talking about it and its appeared in a couple of gay papers around the city,the freinds i know who are gay are disgusted and i think a protest is in the making,heard it all on a visit to leeds centre today, surely this is illegal and will create national media disgust in all communitys,what next???? no blacks??? this man is so lost in time

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: HOT OF THE PRESS AND MUST BE BEGINING OF THE END
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26 - 2011 »
I've been in the Leeds area today and heard the same.

ian.

Offline BlackDog

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26 - 2011 »
Was there not a legal precedent set recently with the couple who refused gays access to their B&B? The man does not have a leg to stand on with this issue!
« Last Edit: Feb 26 - 2011 by BlackDog »

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27 - 2011 »
Like BlacDog says i am pretty sure it would be against the law to implement this policy. Not only by our laws, but also European ones. He seems to be jsut making up new policys of the cuff at the moment.

I saw a customer in a Sams pub smoking his electronic cigarette and the manager didn't say anything, i am not sure whether they were aware of the policy on this. But i know it is hard to spot a small device like that when the pub is busy with customers.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +9/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27 - 2011 »
There was a story in the Publican just this week about a pub that had decided to change it's 'gay' status and got hammered by the Equal Opportunities Commission. The Equality Act covers all forms of discrimination and while a lot of people might not agree wholly with all that Human Rights stuff, it's the law and companies just have to toe the line. It's inconveivable that a modern progressive company would actively discriminate but we're talking about Hump here who acts like a medieval landowner and thinks he can do as he pleases. 

http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/advice-and-guidance/guidance-for-service-providers/what-equality-law-means-for-your-business-when-youre-providing-goods-facilities-or-services-to-the-public/hotels-restaurants-cafs-and-pubs/

Offline whizz

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27 - 2011 »
Would it be against the law to suggest a bar area for gays? I would think that that would keep evey one happy, why I say this is because the York Arms seems to have naturally gone in this direction, IE it is said by the locals that the lounge area is the gay half.

Offline passedit

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28 - 2011 »
Come on let,s get real a bar for gay people,doe,s that mean a bar for black people,Chinese,Irish,Scot,s, the list is endless let,s get back to the real world and accept people for what they are

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28 - 2011 »
ive been in this game along time,im disgusted,not going to say been here an there,once i leave sams ill blow the lid off

Post Merge: Feb 28 - 2011
ive been in this game along time,im disgusted,not going to say been here an there,once i leave sams ill blow the lid off
and he wont have my bond,and he wont rob me

Offline whizz

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28 - 2011 »
Lets get real?, if that is the question then why do I hear about "Gay Bars", and why do I hear that straight people go into gay bars as do gay people go into straight bars, it's all about each to their own if they wish, but interaction also. My point being that at the York Arms there has been a natural progression to a bar area for each group, it is not an order, I have been in the gay bar, and I have seen gay people in the straight area, but each half accepts the title of the one that they frequent.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28 - 2011 »
I think all this talk about gay bars and non-gay bars is not what this thread is about.

I have been in quite a few gays bars around the world, mostly by accident may I add   :-*.  Has a straight person who more time them not went in with my wife, I've never been told to get out because I'm not gay. So why should gays (as long as there not flaunting too much I.E. kissing ect) be told that they cannot use any pub they want to do.

I do think Sam Smith's will come unstuck if they continue down the road of banning gays.

For the record.

I've been in both the Pink Pussy and the York Arms a few times and have yet to see any signs of the gay scene.

ian.

Offline garybaldy72uk

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • BaldyRadio
« Reply #10 on: Apr 21 - 2011 »
The Old red Lion is Now a str8 Bar??

Wowza i was last in the red lion about 2 years ago. Supped in there on n off for best part of 20 years and yes im a gay man!

If Humph carries on hell end up Losing the brewery ..... the equalities commision will see that he doesnt get away with this!

Gimme a pint of OB and im happy!

Chico

• Non-Member
« Reply #11 on: Apr 29 - 2011 »
Is it true that the smiths are barring gay people from there pubs.
I know of 2 pubs near each other were the barmen are gay.
How does that work then.....

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #12 on: Apr 29 - 2011 »
THERE A FEW GAY MEN/WOMEN WORK FOR THE BREWERY, HE MUSNT BE AWRARE OF IT, LAWSUITS WILL BE THE RAGE SOON I THINK, OR MAYBE THE GAYBAR MEN ARE HOMOPHOBIC TOO :P :-*

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 30 - 2011 »
Like you ant, the brewery could be facing law suits from customers and also other people who work within the brewery. He carn't dictate peoples lives like this or who goes into his pubs.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #14 on: Apr 30 - 2011 »
why would i have a lawsuit against me? lol  ;D