Author Topic: SS Crisps  (Read 7510 times)  Share 

Offline discjockey

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
SS Crisps
« on: Oct 19 - 2014 »
Am I the only person who has noticed a decline in the flavour of SS branded crisps, I today purchased a packet of beef crips in date til 22 November 2014 - they might as well have been labelled cheese and onion for their lack of beefyness. When Humph first introduced these items the flavours were tastful to their ingredients now very bland - come on Humph put a bit more bovril into the machine and bring back the true flavours

Offline Santillas.

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: SS Crisps
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19 - 2014 »
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Our beef flavour tipping man had his dog die recently so obviously his mind wasn't on the job. Next time you have a bag that tastes bland, please bring the packet along with contents to the brewery, let the receptionist know of of the issue and someone will come down from the office to sprinkle some flavouring into the packet for you.

Just say to reception "Ive been sent for a beef powder top up for these" (hold the bag up in reference to the issue).

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19 - 2014 »
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Our beef flavour tipping man had his dog die recently so obviously his mind wasn't on the job. Next time you have a bag that tastes bland, please bring the packet along with contents to the brewery, let the receptionist know of of the issue and someone will come down from the office to sprinkle some flavouring into the packet for you.

Just say to reception "Ive been sent for a beef powder top up for these" (hold the bag up in reference to the issue).

5% needed from the flavorings!

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19 - 2014 »

5% needed from the flavorings!

Sounds like they got the decimal point in the wrong place and took 50%.

DB.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20 - 2014 »

:() :()  :E20 :E20

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23 - 2014 »
Sorry to hear hear about the beef powder mans dog I hope it was not a work related injury breathing in all that beef dust or Sam's will be getting a visit from the H.S.E. wanting to see the dogs risk assessment. Is it the same man that applies the cheese and onion powder because I have noticed a decline in there flavour too. If not what is the health of cheese and onion powder man's dog like? Is there a pattern forming and should the R.S.P.A. be notified. I notice no mention of the flavour of salt and vinegar or the amount of salt powder on the plain crisps,is this because the salt and vinegar powder man and the salt powder man have no dogs or their dogs are unaffected by the salt and vinegar and salt powder. What about nuts pork scratching and cheese bits or is that  opening a new can of worms? But just as a precaution I will not be letting any one in the bar feed my dog Sam's snacks until the situation is resolved.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23 - 2014 »
I am happy to report that there is no loss of taste to the plain variety.  But  now there is plain beef, plain cheese n onion and of course plain salt n vinegar.     :U  :ED1

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23 - 2014 »
Cheers from the dog and me ECBD that's us two out tonight for a pint and a bag of ready salted hope they are not too salty and make one thirsty it's just the dog is not keen on me sipping his beer.

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23 - 2014 »
Please note due to the recent damp weather and the ever increasing cost of fuel Sam's dry roasted nuts now contain five present moisture. Anyone seen the not so dry roast powder man's dog !

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 23 - 2014 »
Oh for a packet of Sam Smiths crisps right now.  Last night I went to the hotel bar for two packets of crisps.   I got walkers crisps gave the barman a ?5 note and got ?3 back. :(

Offline DarkieBoy

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 24 - 2014 »
Oh for a packet of Sam Smiths crisps right now.  Last night I went to the hotel bar for two packets of crisps.   I got walkers crisps gave the barman a ?5 note and got ?3 back. :(

Ian, I went to a mere four London Samuel Smith's pubs last night (purely for research purposes, I'll have you know) and not one packet of crisp was over a pound!  :DKB

DB.

PS The pubs were the Glasshouse Stores, Duke of Argyll, White Horse and The Blue Post.  All were busy about from The Blue Post, which just had about 15 people downstairs.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 24 - 2014 »

Ian, I went to a mere four London Samuel Smith's pubs last night (purely for research purposes, I'll have you know) and not one packet of crisp was over a pound!  :DKB

DB.

PS The pubs were the Glasshouse Stores, Duke of Argyll, White Horse and The Blue Post.  All were busy about from The Blue Post, which just had about 15 people downstairs.

How much then (for research purposes, only) ?  ?S?  :E20

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 24 - 2014 »
70p?

Offline DarkieBoy

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 27 - 2014 »

Offline DarkieBoy

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31 - 2014 »
In the name of research, and especially for Ian, I went to a number of Samuel Smith's pubs in London last night to assess the prices of crisps.

I would like to confirm that the price of a packet of crisps in The Angel, The Crown, The Princess Louise, the Cittie of York, the Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese and the Crown and Sugarloaf are all the same.  This rule also applies to the price of Stout (and Alpine and Taddy Lager).

It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it!

DB.