Author Topic: Old Red Lion Leeds  (Read 29671 times)  Share 

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Old Red Lion Leeds
« Reply #60 on: Sep 27 - 2011 »
Humphrey Smith as stated already owns 50% of the Samuel Smith Old Brewery Tadcaster and subsidiary companies. So he is the Chairman and joint managing Director, as well as been the Area Manager.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #61 on: Sep 27 - 2011 »
Humphrey Smith as stated already owns 50% of the Samuel Smith Old Brewery Tadcaster and subsidiary companies. So he is the Chairman and joint managing Director, as well as been the Area Manager.

...I wonder if he cleans the toilets and doubles as the tea lady too?

DB.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sep 27 - 2011 »

...I wonder if he cleans the toilets and doubles as the tea lady too?

DB.

He'll be having to get his heavy goods soon I think!

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Sep 27 - 2011 »
The way things are the brewery at the moment it wouldn't surprise me if Humphrey did. As alot of people at the brewery now have more than one job role or function. I believe that Humphrey does occasionally deliver the meals on wheels for his wife.  :P
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline philpot

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Oct 14 - 2011 »
nice young couple now in the pub  opening times back to 11pm  its just a shame that there is no atmospher in there without the trannies in there

Offline leedsSSfan

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Mar 10 - 2012 »
Garry (i think it was) was given a choice to take on the red lion or the nags he chose the red lion and was given the hard task of getting rid of the regulars. He was pressurized by humphrey to get rid of them so he did the only thing he could do be blunt and straight to the pint with them. Personally i do not see the problem with them going in if thats what brings the money into the pub and fills his pockets what's the issue? There's plenty of local SS pub for anyone that feels uncomfortable to drink in. So anywho one night when scrooge was on the war path he walked in and garry(?) had closed the kitchen early he was sacked on the spot and given a week to leave. So garry closed the pub for a week had all his mates round and drank the pub dry when the stock takers arrived they arrived to no stock to count and vodka bottles filled with water He He He ;D

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Mar 10 - 2012 »
Garry (i think it was) was given a choice to take on the red lion or the nags he chose the red lion and was given the hard task of getting rid of the regulars. He was pressurized by humphrey to get rid of them so he did the only thing he could do be blunt and straight to the pint with them. Personally i do not see the problem with them going in if thats what brings the money into the pub and fills his pockets what's the issue? There's plenty of local SS pub for anyone that feels uncomfortable to drink in. So anywho one night when scrooge was on the war path he walked in and garry(?) had closed the kitchen early he was sacked on the spot and given a week to leave. So garry closed the pub for a week had all his mates round and drank the pub dry when the stock takers arrived they arrived to no stock to count and vodka bottles filled with water He He He ;D

It is always going to be a hard pub to run given that it is in the gay part of Leeds and so attracts that type of person. I have been in there when the manager "gary" was running it and it had very few customers and funny opening times. Been back recently and it has longer opening times and more people in. Doesn't sound like a responsible manager to drink the pub dry and then leave, even though others managers have done the same. I bet Humphrey didn't give him his deposit back.

Offline jollyroger

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Feb 10 - 2014 »
its a lot better these days with a new landlady.. [ ======================== ]

=======================================

Note from Admin:  The rest of this message has been removed as potentially being libellous.  ::H
« Last Edit: Feb 10 - 2014 by Max »

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Feb 10 - 2014 »
its a lot better these days with a new landlady....

Well jollyroger, your post did not do your new landlady or your nice local pub any favours with the brewery or the police did it? 
« Last Edit: Feb 10 - 2014 by Max »

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Feb 10 - 2014 »
I think JR's post (and yours as it quotes it) should be removed. It is libelous.

Mods!!

Tone

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Feb 10 - 2014 »
I think JR's post (and yours as it quotes it) should be removed. It is libelous.

Mods!!

Tone

Is it only Libellous if it's untrue?   We on here don't know one way or the other, that is why I think the post is wrong.   What gets up my nose, is a first time poster comes on here with praise for the pub / manager then finishes off by dropping the same pub / manger right in it with the brewery and maybe the police and customs. 

You have to ask yourself about the motives this first time poster as in posting such a post.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Feb 10 - 2014 »

Mods!!

Tone

Is it only Libellous if it's untrue?   We on here don't know one way or the other, that is why I think the post is wrong. 

I agree. But does the same argument apply to the many derogatory comments about a certain Mr Smith?  Few if any of these get removed.  Much to my astonishment.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Feb 10 - 2014 »

I agree. But does the same argument apply to the many derogatory comments about a certain Mr Smith?  Few if any of these get removed.  Much to my astonishment.

Max plus other mods have in the past deleted quite a few posts regarding a certain Mr Smith.

Must dash, Benefits Street is coming on and will be spending the next hour shouting and throwing things at the telly. :o

Offline jollyroger

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Feb 13 - 2014 »
Didnt know the truth was libelous but my comments where about the general  way the pub is being run and if what could be construed as criminal are allegedly being conducted on the premises so be it

Offline jollyroger

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Feb 17 - 2014 »
Ive been a regular for a while and i havnt ever seen anything shifty going on EVER it looks like somebody has an axe to grind