Author Topic: Tiger Haxby  (Read 9973 times)  Share 

Offline firefox

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Tiger Haxby
« on: Apr 11 - 2011 »
 What annoys me Is when one member of staff is struggling to serve a busy bar and the managers are harping on about staff hours etc yet they are boozing with the customers and getting p****d. This does happen in my now local among a lot of other stuff which I will post as and when.  >:(

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
Re: Tiger Haxby
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11 - 2011 »
It could well be that the manager is not on duty and therefore is entitled to spend his or her time in the bar drinking.

DB.

Offline firefox

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11 - 2011 »
It does'nt matter if they're on duty or not it's not professional. there is drinking and there is getting blathered!

Offline DarkieBoy

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11 - 2011 »
It might not be professional and I would not do it myself, but it is their choice.

DB.

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11 - 2011 »
best to have a little drink after doors shut ,or just a pint or 2,got to keep your wits about you in this game,and you never know when licensing are going to turn up for spot checks

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #5 on: Apr 13 - 2011 »
I was there and can put a lid on this . it was their day off and even though it was they had both been working earlier

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 13 - 2011 »
I dont mind managers having a few drinks if its their day off, or have finished a busy shift. But i have been in some Sams pubs on a Friday night and the manager seems to have had more than a few beers. Then they struggle to serve customers and work the till properly.It seems to be what ever the manager thinks.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 13 - 2011 »
monday was when this happend on their day off. both on duty fri nights

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 13 - 2011 »
I understand that monday was their day off, but i was talking about another Sams pub about my comments about the managers. Thanks
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 14 - 2011 »
ok my mistake sorry

Offline firefox

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 14 - 2011 »
Strange, what I saw happend on a Tuesday? ???

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14 - 2011 »
First let me say that what I'm posting here is only my opinion as somebody who as never worked for Sam Smiths, I'm just a customer who likes travelling and visiting their pubs.  My comments below are not aimed at anybody in particular, so hear I go again.

This forum as it good points and maybe there far outweigh the bad points. But some managers must think that this forum is making them live in a goldfish bowl.  Every mistake they make can end up on here with "no right to reply*" for  all to see. The trouble is, we the people who use this forum day in day out do not know how true these posts are. 

A few days ago Antthe2 asked if it was true that this forum as 1300+ members, well antthe2 yes it is but I would think quite a few of the 1300+ members are just one post wonders. They come on here slagging off some manager or other maybe stay for a few posts then never heard of again.

I know quite a few managers dislike this forum as it is a sounding board for anybody who what's to do any s***stirring for them or the pub that they run.

In my working life I would not have liked every mistake I made, to end up on the internet, I would have been sacked weekly. I just wonder how perfect some of these posters are who call hell out of Sam Smiths managers.

ian.

* we all know the Sam Smiths manager are told by the brewery that they are not allowed to use this forum.*

Like I stated before, this is just my opinion as a customer and a user of this forum.

ian.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 14 - 2011 »
First let me say that what I'm posting here is only my opinion as somebody who as never worked for Sam Smiths, I'm just a customer who likes travelling and visiting their pubs.  My comments below are not aimed at anybody in particular, so hear I go again.

This forum as it good points and maybe there far outweigh the bad points. But some managers must think that this forum is making them live in a goldfish bowl.  Every mistake they make can end up on here with "no right to reply*" for  all to see. The trouble is, we the people who use this forum day in day out do not know how true these posts are. 

A few days ago Antthe2 asked if it was true that this forum as 1300+ members, well antthe2 yes it is but I would think quite a few of the 1300+ members are just one post wonders. They come on here slagging off some manager or other maybe stay for a few posts then never heard of again.

I know quite a few managers dislike this forum as it is a sounding board for anybody who what's to do any s***stirring for them or the pub that they run.

In my working life I would not have liked every mistake I made, to end up on the internet, I would have been sacked weekly. I just wonder how perfect some of these posters are who call hell out of Sam Smiths managers.

ian.

* we all know the Sam Smiths manager are told by the brewery that they are not allowed to use this forum.*

Like I stated before, this is just my opinion as a customer and a user of this forum.

ian.

Several good points.  And perhaps there needs to be some moderation when posts attack specific managers. Expressing an opinion is one thing but specific allegations are entirely another and this has been mentioned a few times. Even if the allegations are true the managers have no way of responding, but the worst thing is that they have no way of setting the record straight if they're not. We all know that Sam Smiths managers are working in an employment environment that Charles Dickens would have recognised so why make their lives more difficult?

Offline DarkieBoy

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
I think that the sensible amongst us, and there are quite a few, can see different perspectives to some of the "one-hit wonder" posters on this forum.

If managers want to become members then there is no way that Humphrey should be able to stop them, providing that they do not divulge confidential company information - and that is not just related to this forum and this topic.  My suggestion is that a manager who wishes to use this forum make up a user name not connected to their own name and not state a location and Samuel Smith's connection, plus perhpas some other provisos.

DB.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
I think that the sensible amongst us, and there are quite a few, can see different perspectives to some of the "one-hit wonder" posters on this forum.

If managers want to become members then there is no way that Humphrey should be able to stop them, providing that they do not divulge confidential company information - and that is not just related to this forum and this topic.  My suggestion is that a manager who wishes to use this forum make up a user name not connected to their own name and not state a location and Samuel Smith's connection, plus perhpas some other provisos.

DB.

All agreed, but it would still be difficult for a manager to make a response to any allegations made on the site as it would quickly become clear who they were. even if Hump had a suspicion he would make life difficult for them.