Author Topic: Tiger Haxby  (Read 10014 times)  Share 

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Tiger Haxby
« Reply #15 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
Yes managers can and do use this site, I know of more then 10 who are members, but they cannot defend themself's very well, can they?

If we are to believe all posts on face value then all the managers are on a hiding to nothing.  There is always to sides to every story, but on here we are only hearing one side most of the time. Just take the John Snow (red lion) post for one.

ian.

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #16 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
as usual im with ian on this one, if i ever get into politics ian please come out off retirement and be my chief spokesman and spin doctor :D

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #17 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
as long as youll work 80plus hours a week and get paid for 48 haha

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »

ant,

Last time I worked 80plus hours (89 hours) a week, I got paid for 142 hours with time and a half and double time. ;D

Offline bitterman99

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 20 - 2011 »
hey man, get a life! what do you expect from people working for barely the "minimum wage"?! ???
b99

Offline Copstolemywife

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Manager
« Reply #20 on: Apr 28 - 2011 »
as long as youll work 80plus hours a week and get paid for 48. says antthe 2nd.

Well I must admit to being puzzled by this statement. I've heard it so many times and don't understand.  YES the hours are long and hour for hour the wage seems low, BUT, does anyone ever take into account that they are getting free accommodation, free electric, free gas, free heating, etc? They only have to pay their council tax, the rest of their salary is "disposable income".   So... basically managers have ?900 odd pounds to do with as they wish.  Ask yourself how much disposable income you (none sam smiths workers) have a month.  How much is rented accommodation in this day and age? How much is your mortgage? How much are your fuel bills? I'm a Sams manager and I work a lot of hours but I can't remember the last time I was so well off.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no "company person" by any means and I have the usual gripes with the company, lack of music, poor food etc but get a realistic view of the perks people, the freebies far outweigh the lack of a large hourly rate.  If you run a sams pub and you have, say a 2 or 3 bedroom flat, how much would that flat cost to rent, in the area that the pub is in?  Bearing in mind that a lot of sams pubs are in highly desirable villages and towns. Many would be in the ?700 to ?900 a month or more in the york area alone.  Get real people and stop talking about low wages when there's so much more to it than that. Best wishes. Cop_____

Offline BlackDog

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 28 - 2011 »
Cop,

Don't forget he (normally) insists on couples. That drags the rate down by a long way.

Offline Copstolemywife

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Manager
« Reply #22 on: Apr 28 - 2011 »
Black Dog.

Yes but me and the wife each have over ?900 to spend. That's almost ?1900 a month between us. How many couples have that much disposable income? Cheers. Cop.....

Offline garybaldy72uk

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • BaldyRadio
« Reply #23 on: Apr 29 - 2011 »

i was assistant manager in a pub when the manager went AWOL  worked 5 weeks with an 70+ hour week wasnt Funny!!!! Managers work Rediculous hours (Wether Sams or NOT)

Not funny being faced with 80+ hours week and being paid for 40 i know it caused my breakdown!

And that wasnt working for SS!

I have some sympathy with the landlords who are worn out coz a SkinFlint (A.k.a Humph) is too tight to pay for P/T staff!

Not an easy job Pubwork despite people saying its easy!
« Last Edit: Apr 29 - 2011 by garybaldy72uk »
Gimme a pint of OB and im happy!

Offline passedit

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #24 on: Apr 29 - 2011 »
Remember this free living is taxed as a benefit in kind. :(

Chico

• Non-Member
« Reply #25 on: Apr 29 - 2011 »
Cop,

Don't forget he (normally) insists on couples. That drags the rate down by a long way.
[well next time were in your pub the beers on you then  :P :P :P/quote]

Offline yorkie

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Apr 29 - 2011 »
The ''free living'' is not all taxable. Because the managers are required to live at the pub, they are usually only taxed on a (small) proportion of the gas & electric costs.

Offline passedit

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #27 on: Apr 30 - 2011 »
They are taxed on the living accomodation.

Offline Owen

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Oct 10 - 2014 »
Hope this is in the right place.

The lounge in the Tiger will be closed from Monday 27th to Friday 31st October for a refubishment.

I think other pubs are more in need of a lick of paint (or seating replaced), but there you go.

Enjoy the Six Bells instead.

:GIVEB:

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Oct 12 - 2014 »
A strange evening in The Tiger yesterday. There was a bang upstairs and the lights failed in the back bar. So did the pumps. They closed the back bar, and only served bottled beers in the lounge bar, though why they couldn't use the hand pumps I don't know, unless they sold out.

I bought a bottle of Oatmeal Stout. At 5abv it was very nice. But the price I was charged wasn't; ?3.80 !

It's only ?2.55 here:

http://therealalestore.com/index.php/browse-by-country/english-breweries/sam-smith-s.html

I think I was conned!

The pub was empty by 10.30pm. Unprecedented on a Saturday!

Tone