Poll

DONT YOU THINK ITS TIME WE ALL STOOD TOGETHER AND FIGHT EM?

YES
NO
SHOULD BUT DARE WE
WHAT WE GOT TO LOSE
WHATEVER

Author Topic: MANAGERS AND RELIEF MANAGERS BEING SCAMMED  (Read 19906 times)  Share 

Offline Roc-Pot

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Re: MANAGERS AND RELIEF MANAGERS BEING SCAMMED
« Reply #15 on: Jun 8 - 2010 »
average  hours  worked out  at  59 hours a week,  with the  cleaning and book work thrown in,  oh  and NO  mealbreaks, single handed  you had  to  live on take aways after hours, which  made it below  the minimum wage..........

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #16 on: Jun 8 - 2010 »
Relief managers seem to be paid more a day than the actual managers.

It isn't surprising that relief managers get paid more than permanent managers...it's the norm for most trades...supply teachers, nurses, etc. are all paid more than those in the permanent position...it's the reward for not having the permanency.

DB.

Offline Roc-Pot

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 8 - 2010 »
As a relief  Manager  ,   I am self  employed, no  holiday pay,  like  employed managers get,also   do same hours, as  SS  has no  bar staff.for me personally  I think  SS  had a bargain................

ant

• Non-Member
« Reply #18 on: Jun 8 - 2010 »
I think whichever we look atthe situation , we are all getting shafted excuse my wording,no oneto talk to at the brewery,just answer machines,but there notso slow to send out bizzzzzzzzarre memos weekafter week,im starting to really believe its the beginning of the end,no area managers? how does a nationwide company operate like this? sadly i think the manager exodus will begin winter time,hope it worksout and things change soon for the better !!! for us all

Offline gremlin

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 8 - 2010 »
Is there anyone out there that has been told by SS to pay back the shotfall at retail cost for not reaching 60% on food? Did you pay them back? Did you fight it?

Surley this policy has to be wrong, illegal?

What do u think of them doing this to managers especially if the managers have never been aware of this?

My partner and i were managers for hump for 4 years and for 3 of them (when we had area managers) we never had to pay this money if your gp wasnt 60%. Then when things went to the dark side we were told by humph pay up or your terminated. We paid under duress and went to the union (who are a godsend) and we are currently taking humph to court as the money he took from us is nowhere to be seen on the pub accounts, we are not expecting to get our money back but if we can disrupt this little tyrant in his daily bully boy tactics we will. At the moment he still hasnt paid back our bond (he actually owes us the full amount) but you never know a miricle may happen.

Offline wayneebowes

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #20 on: Mar 4 - 2011 »
Hi I am soon to be a departing manager with the notorious ss ,yes this really is the ss unfortunately in the guise of Himmler is HUMPH ,
Ihave attended loads of courses at Bride lane un London and what I have seen disgusts me to the bile that smithy is ,lovely people looking like they have been sentenced to the end due to no fault of their own-grey, baggy eyes,tired ,gaunt in fact knackered but worst of all feeling inadequate and dispoable, my relations where in auschwitz !  please all save your selves   before your sanity is eroded !   YOU ALL MAY NEED THE JOB AND ACCOMODATION  BUT GO NOW ! THE MAN IS TOTALLY INSANE ,I have two run ins with him and he hates it firing me on the spot on a saturday morning in December MY NAME IS WAYNE this thing is pathetic  take care all you hard workers but you are being RIPPED OFF

Offline bigjim

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #21 on: Mar 5 - 2011 »
Wayne - thanks for telling us a bit more about what's going on down there in London - we don't seem to hear much about the SS empire down there. You mention courses at Bride Lane - this seems to be the address of the Crown and Sugarloaf pub and registered address of Samuel Smith Southern. Can you tell us a bit more about this place and what goes on there please?

I hope you find a better employer and that things work out ok for you in the future.

Cheers,

Jim 

Offline cooga

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Mar 22 - 2011 »
bride lane is the office next to the crown and sugarloaf

it has the 2 area managers 2admin girls and a stocktaker.  they run all their courses on the second floor up there

cheers

Offline wayneebowes

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #23 on: Mar 22 - 2011 »
It did house theb two area managers until he got rid of them ,due to them being very competent in their roles. It now houses two terific girls oh sorry ! one full timer yhe other who does part time as he was gonna ask them to cut their hours in his pathetic attempt to cut costs.as it is the woerkers who are ruining the company.
The socktakers plus one who runs the LEGISLATIVE COURSES ARE ALSO IN ATTENDANCE