Author Topic: Alpine lager  (Read 37576 times)  Share 

Offline firefox

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Alpine lager
« on: Jul 19 - 2011 »
I have just found out that the lunatic is taking Alpine out of the Tiger in Haxby, why re invent the wheel. Now I know some of the die hard nembers will come back with some sitting on the fence justification (as always) who drink OBB but the bottom line is he his taking out a product that a lot of people enjoy. Well Mr Smith I know this wont make a dent in your overflowing coffers but watch your takings go down from the Tiger and enjoy the final twist of your spiteful blade into loyal cusomers. Hello haxby WMC and the Red Lion

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Alpine lager
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19 - 2011 »
I have just found out that the lunatic is taking Alpine out of the Tiger in Haxby, why re invent the wheel. Now I know some of the die hard nembers will come back with some sitting on the fence justification (as always) who drink OBB but the bottom line is he his taking out a product that a lot of people enjoy. Well Mr Smith I know this wont make a dent in your overflowing coffers but watch your takings go down from the Tiger and enjoy the final twist of your spiteful blade into loyal cusomers. Hello haxby WMC and the Red Lion

You're not alone in being disappointed. Alpine's been selectively taken out of a few pubs but in the last week it's become apparent that it's not being produced any more as managers have been told they have to order Taddy Lager instead.  Lunacy indeed.

Other thread here... http://samsmiths.info/forum/index.php/topic,2470.msg10546.html#new

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19 - 2011 »
I have just found out that the lunatic is taking Alpine out of the Tiger in Haxby, why re invent the wheel. Now I know some of the die hard members will come back with some sitting on the fence justification (as always) who drink OBB but the bottom line is he his taking out a product that a lot of people enjoy. Well Mr Smith I know this wont make a dent in your overflowing coffers but watch your takings go down from the Tiger and enjoy the final twist of your spiteful blade into loyal customers. Hello haxby WMC and the Red Lion

What lagers are on sale in WMC & Red Lion and at what price comparison?  ::)

Offline poprobson

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20 - 2011 »
Aaaargh! When is Alpine being taken out of the Tiger? Next week, next month?

Offline bubble

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20 - 2011 »
Alpine will go as soon as they have used all their stock of Alpine up.  Managers cannot order any more Alpine

Offline whizz

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20 - 2011 »
I dont drink either Alpine or Taddy but from what I've read Taddy is to sweet, so does anyone think that Sams may bring out a similar brew to Alpine under another name?

Offline poprobson

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 21 - 2011 »
Thanks bubble. Don't think I'll be going back for the foreseeable future.

Whizz, I hope they do. Taddy is far sweeter than Alpine, and if anyone thinks or tell you they are the same, they are most definately not! I like Alpine and don't particularly like Taddy, whereas my missus is the opposite.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 24 - 2011 »
I like Alpine and don't particularly like Taddy, whereas my missus is the opposite

:o Now that is grounds for discussion  :-*

Does that lead to a new nickname Husband beater? -'V'- another well known brand?  :D

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 24 - 2011 »
I dont drink either Alpine or Taddy but from what I've read Taddy is to sweet, so does anyone think that Sams may bring out a similar brew to Alpine under another name?

Can't see why they'd bother. The whole point of ending Alpine production is to save money so all the brewery had to do was to change the name without changing the beer if it was about anything else. My local has about enough stock to last until middle of next week I think.  :(

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 10 - 2011 »
Alpine is still available in Tadcaster & the central pubs in Leeds. As well as the Emmott Arms at Rawdon. But not sure how much longer for though. Could still order it this week
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 10 - 2011 »
As of last night, Alpine still here on the East Coast..

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #11 on: Aug 11 - 2011 »
As of last night, Alpine still here on the East Coast..

Alpine has been gone in Lincoln for two or perhaps three years now.

DB.

Offline CRC

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 18 - 2011 »
Actually I don't mind the Taddy Lager, although it is not a patch on the Alpine.

A friend had seen & spoken to Humphrey in a Sams pub in London and asked him why they were doing away with Alpine ?

R 'Have you ever seen any Alps around Tadcaster '  ?

Unbelieveable but true.   

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 18 - 2011 »
Brilliant reply from Humphrey, but he is probably just masking the real reason for the disappearance of Alpine. Even though i have been in 6 SS pub's this week and Alpine was still available in half and both in 2. Not sure how that works out?
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 18 - 2011 »
Brilliant reply from Humphrey, but he is probably just masking the real reason for the disappearance of Alpine. Even though i have been in 6 SS pub's this week and Alpine was still available in half and both in 2. Not sure how that works out?

Word is that all pubs will have it taken out during October which is when free trade accounts have been told it won't be available any more. Free trade pub near my local still has it in.