Author Topic: G M B Trade Union  (Read 45496 times)  Share 

Offline moggy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: G M B Trade Union
« Reply #45 on: Jul 14 - 2009 »
hi mike, must have missed your last post, probably catching up on sleep, what you have said is correct that is exactly what he is up to, why pay a couple who have been with him for years a larger salary than a new couple who he can get away with paying ?65 per day between them. however there are signs that this strategy is failing, he does not seem able to get anyone to work for him at these rates, and the few that he has are really scrapping the barrel and have run off with his takings, i believe he has a number of pubs that have no managers at all, and are being run by bar staff, no-one on the premises overnight, lines not being cleaned, its an absolute shambles, and the guy sits in his frayed ivory tower blaming everyone but himself, his favourite line to all his managers is, why cant you work on less hours, sell my food, give me 5% surplus on stocks, i have other managers who can, but the truth is he hasn't, if any manager wants to prove they can then please comment id love to know how you do it, as i am sure the majority of sams hard working loyal managers would too, just to save there jobs and break the stress that they are living under, and yes mike you have said is right no matter what the tribunal ruling is, he will not change anything he will just go on wrecking his buisness.
what is the situation with your union and sams managers have you recruited anymore, or are they all burying there heads in the sand believing  humps practises will not affect them, god help them if they do not have the  not have the union behind them, when the axe falls.

Offline classic

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Jul 28 - 2009 »
mike asked me to put this on trouble login on  but will resume asap  sorry about the mix up  on dates re meeting today  tuesday all  went well and would like to thank managers from wales and chester for there support another meeting has been arranged for september and the right day and date will be posted out sorry again

Offline Mike D Williamson

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Aug 10 - 2009 »
Well Managers in the future should not be embarrassed by their area Manager in public. Grievance ongoing.

At present, those selling "pints" up to 10% short   "WILL NOT" be prosecuted in the UK. Thanks M.

Offline lj

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Aug 24 - 2009 »
hi mike could you tell me if you cover scotland as well thanks

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Aug 27 - 2009 »
The G M B Union covers the whole country. I.m dealing with all the cases at the moment. Send me a text with your name & address on and I will send you a form. 0785-580-2421. You will recieve updates as we go along, plus any employment advice you may need with a quick phone call.
Mike

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sep 2 - 2009 »
Having had another distressing phone call from a manager in the N E who has been off with stress and being bullied into resigning, one wonders how long the rest off you who arn't members are going to put up with it?
Mike

Offline moggy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sep 3 - 2009 »
hi mike, well some members have a lot more to lose than others and we are digging in for the duration, its becoming quiet funny watching humphs running around trying to replace all the managers he has lost through ill treatment, he is now finding out that his comments of ''there are plenty of people out there, without a job, who would snatch my hand off for a chance to run a SS pub'' is not quiet true the only thing that these people are snatching are his profits, as he keeps employing unsuitable people who run of with his takings, also if any managers out there have given notice and are leaving, take your bond out of the takings, its the only way you will get it back.

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sep 9 - 2009 »
Well the post let me down as to the notification of yeasterdays meeting to some of you. At the S S Rochdale office today, whilst representing a member, one of the secretaries said that Managers were ringing up asking if the had to attend the meeting. As I had a number of appoligies, No one has to attend metings but it does help those who do, as they share their experiancies and know how to reply when Huph comes around.

The meeting went well with a lot of new members in attendance. M explained where we are up to with the grievance with the final appeal today to Malcolm the Company Secretary and Sue the Company accountant. The meeting was cordial and the points put across as to the way Huph spoke to M & S infront of customers. M was only asking that all Managers be treated with respect. I asked what was the companies policy on duty of care to its employees as I was getting a phone call per day from Managers as to the way they are being treated. I handed him some guidance as to what is classed as bullying & harressment, which was produced by the House of Commons library for Michael Meacher M P. as I have raised your issues with him. Malcolm accepted it saying he would read it. We expect a response in the next couple of weeks.

We have 8 new members so we are getting there, even if slowly. Steve Carr
G M B Union  Regional Organiser, will be calling in on Managers in the near future.
Mike

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sep 12 - 2009 »
Well you must feel sad at the news of Huphrey being replaced. Shall we have a whip round.
Mike

Offline Max

• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #54 on: Sep 12 - 2009 »
Well you must feel sad at the news of Huphrey being replaced. Shall we have a whip round.
Mike

Humphrey being replaced?  :o Have I missed something?

Mike, please do tell more?
Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.

Offline 357maddog

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
  • Mad dog hot sauce..mmm
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #55 on: Sep 12 - 2009 »
Yeah come on Mike do you know something we all are dying to hear...dont keep us in suspenders.

I suspect he means that the company will have someone other than Humph to represent them in the next hearing...probably because Humph can't be arsed and is too busy on his wrecking spree.

OR... even that the tribunal panel can't work with him and have asked for another representative from the company maybe.
Beware the toes you tread on today are not attached to the leg that supports the arse that you are gonna have to kiss tomorrow.

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sep 15 - 2009 »
I don't get what the kiss arse is about but I never have & never will?

Huph took over as area manager in the NW. The distress he caused to the Managers by the way he spoke to them infront of customers was a disgrace. So a grievance was taken out against him as to his inapropriat behaver & bringing the company into disreput, by belittleing employees. It was rejected by Oliver, whereby we appealed it to Malcolm the secretary of the company. Before we have had a reply, a memo has been sent around stating that Huph is to be replaced in Nov in the NW.
Mike

Offline 357maddog

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +0/-0
  • Mad dog hot sauce..mmm
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #57 on: Sep 15 - 2009 »
I don't get what the kiss arse is about but I never have & never will?

Not sure what that statement relates to sorry.
Beware the toes you tread on today are not attached to the leg that supports the arse that you are gonna have to kiss tomorrow.

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Oct 11 - 2009 »
Can anyone tell me the name of the Tied Trade Accountant - H J  ?
Thanks
Mike

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Oct 13 - 2009 »
Got it now
Thanks
Mike