Author Topic: G M B Trade Union  (Read 44159 times)  Share 

Offline Mike D Williamson

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: G M B Trade Union
« Reply #60 on: Oct 20 - 2009 »
Thanks to members for the supportive evidence, it has been passed on.
Mike

Offline neveragain

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #61 on: Feb 22 - 2010 »
Hi,

Bit behind times. Can anyone tell me how Sams got on with the tribunals, has their appeal been heard yet

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jun 17 - 2010 »
Hi,

Bit behind times. Can anyone tell me how Sams got on with the tribunals, has their appeal been heard yet

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Jun 17 - 2010 »
Sorry can only inform members. I have finally met Huphrey representing member, Suited up and totaly oblivious to the difficulties faced by managers. Membership is growing & working with Hayley & with your support we can acheive recognition.
Mike

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #64 on: Jan 13 - 2011 »
to be totally honest this gmb is a joke,i been paying ?11 a month for last couuple of years and january/feb will be my last, weak and pathetic springs to mind, never answer the phone! argue with you! send silly junk mail,and havnt a clue what to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with samuel smiths because they just not powerful enough

Post Merge: Jan 13 - 2011
Well it looks like Humph will be rubbing his hands together with glee, because if the current coalition have their way they are going to increase the length of time in which someone can be employed and then sacked, without any redress to the employer. They are thinking to increase it from 12 months to 24 months, so Humph will be able to screw his temporary reliefs for upto 2 years before he sacks them.

Well done to all those who voted for this motley crew into government.
ABSOULUTLEY 100% CORRECT MATE ..GMB A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY
« Last Edit: Jan 13 - 2011 by antthe2nd »

Offline devastatedrelative

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jan 14 - 2011 »
To be honest I have to agree.  It can take months to get any response out of the GMB and they are unable to act quickly.  If you are having problems try going down and having a sit in demanding a response - sometimes it does work.  When they do act they have been known to send people who do not even know employment law and don't put up any sort of fight but lay down and accept it. 

If Humph does know anything it is how to use employment law to his advantage and manipulate it - shame he doesn't know the licensing laws as well or how to manage people. 

I do hope that the GMB read this forum, respond and change their practices.

However, there are other unions and you could try asking them if they are more responsive. 

On the plus side - you may feel much better once you are out of the Humph's way and can be your own person again.  All the best for the future.

to be totally honest this gmb is a joke,i been paying ?11 a month for last couuple of years and january/feb will be my last, weak and pathetic springs to mind, never answer the phone! argue with you! send silly junk mail,and havnt a clue what to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with samuel smiths because they just not powerful enough

Post Merge: Jan 13 - 2011
Well it looks like Humph will be rubbing his hands together with glee, because if the current coalition have their way they are going to increase the length of time in which someone can be employed and then sacked, without any redress to the employer. They are thinking to increase it from 12 months to 24 months, so Humph will be able to screw his temporary reliefs for upto 2 years before he sacks them.

Well done to all those who voted for this motley crew into government.
ABSOULUTLEY 100% CORRECT MATE ..GMB A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Jan 14 - 2011 »
I don't believe these comments are directed at me, having just dealt with 3 representations. If you have a complaint you need to write to your Regional secretary. Who will respond very quickley
Mike

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Mar 16 - 2011 »
At this time I'm in the process of putting the 5% issue in the hands of the solicitors as there no legal interpretation.

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #68 on: Mar 18 - 2011 »
been thinking of your last feeble answer of 5% and legality etc, has anyone at sam smiths asked you to do this?? or are we more worried about illegal working hours?health and hygeine,health and safety, lets face it mike will i get a refund for the useless 3 years ive paid into gmb to help absoulutely no one....this 5% malarky is for us to moan about and the public,though all brewerys do it.....ive worked for 5.... why dont you and gmb grow balls and fight head on??? you wont because you cant afford it and our ?11 plus amonth is a waste >:(

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Mar 18 - 2011 »
I Don't give feeble replies just facts. I have someone who is willing to put their head above the parapit, so we are persuing it on all fronts. Again the answer is to get all the other managers in the union for ther are other ways of dealing with this type of management than trying through the courts
Mike

Offline moggy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Mar 19 - 2011 »
i have just recieved the letter of mike, about suggested legal action ref the 5% surplus, dont give up on the union, there will come a time when you do need them, and although we would all love to see humph get his come uppance in a court of law, there are more ways to skin a cat. i know of 3 management couples who have been called in for so called serious offences against the brewery, and the GMB have been there and represented the couples and have basically told humph 'sorry you cant do that', the outcome has been that humph has backed off, and the couples have been left alone, and for humph to go after them on another trumped up charge would land him in serious trouble, and he knows that , he knows both sides of the employment law, believe me, but he just interprets what he wants too because he knows most managers are sh*t scared of him or are not in a union.
so please I urge you from one overworked and fed up manager to another, dont let your union fees slip, its like life insurance, we all need it but hope we never have to use it.

Offline baffled

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Apr 14 - 2011 »
just a thought,but not seen anything mentioned for ages,,how are any of the tribunals going???????

Offline weregoingcrazy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Jun 15 - 2011 »
Joined GMB just to be told that no union can help as the issue has already been brought up before i joined but who would join unless they were having issues this is stupid and now back to square one with no help from anyone. If anybody can tell me another option on what i can do please let me know.

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #73 on: Jun 15 - 2011 »
if it counts for anything. To be honest my advice would be dont waste your money or time with gmb they are useless,they talk the talk but are dismal at walking the walk,try another union or citizens advice do a better job

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #74 on: Jun 15 - 2011 »
But i thought that Humphrey only let the managers join certain unions?
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB