Author Topic: food gp % on new menu  (Read 5591 times)  Share 

Offline icefire66

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
food gp % on new menu
« on: Sep 26 - 2008 »
has anybody had a stock take yet. did it achieve 60%? as far as i can see, any complaints or mistakes will make 60% unachieveable. with no way of recouping the loss. thoughts please. thanks. ice.

Offline moggy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: food gp % on new menu
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26 - 2008 »
it would be interesting to see how many meals are coming back, but again keep a record

Offline stig

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28 - 2008 »
in a couple of months we have had loads of company meals going in the bin,the newly stuffed full of meat pies that only have one tiny piece of meat in.
we have had to refund loads of customers due to the quality of the stuff,the only reason im not getting a too bad gp is because the home cooked stuff i do sells
although we have many satisfied customers (on a sunday anyway),only complaints have been that theres too much food on the plate,but they cant fault the quality.the area manager has now stated that i cant cook,blaming me for the sb rubbish

Offline Max

• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28 - 2008 »
the only reason im not getting a too bad gp is because the home cooked stuff i do sells

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I thought it was now the breweries policy, across the board, to only allow their own (menu) foods to be sold - and not any on-site/home-made meals.  ???
Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.

Offline stig

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28 - 2008 »
hi,

yes it is brewery policy now,although they have wanted us to use the remaining stock that was left over from before they enforced the new menu on everyone,we also have used up stock from other pubs because we could sell it. we have done the area manager a big favour by doing this only to have it thrown back in our faces and insulted at the same time,there are times i would cook up specials whick would sell out straight away and i have been asked for recipes and advice on numourous occassions.the compliments weve had and the tips just go to prove it.

Offline moggy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28 - 2008 »
in certain houses a sunday roast is allowed, and at least that gives you a proper stock for gravy instead of the gelatinous chunks we are suppose to throw on the frozen plastic,but has no-one cottoned on to the fact that we are selling this crap because nobody else would buy it . He lost all his contracts with the airlines and Brownridges was going under big time, so this is humps way to hide his mistakes and he thinks we dont know. one day this man is going to have to stand up and take accountability for the mess he has got this company in. and if our next chairman is on line we cant wait for you to inherit and bring this proud company back to how it was in your grandfathers day.there are some loyal managers out there just waiting

Offline icefire66

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29 - 2008 »
in a couple of months we have had loads of company meals going in the bin,the newly stuffed full of meat pies that only have one tiny piece of meat in.
we have had to refund loads of customers due to the quality of the stuff,the only reason im not getting a too bad gp is because the home cooked stuff i do sells
although we have many satisfied customers (on a sunday anyway),only complaints have been that theres too much food on the plate,but they cant fault the quality.the area manager has now stated that i cant cook,blaming me for the sb rubbish

do you get any benefit from doing a sunday roast? are you going to hit your targets and make a bonus? the only result is that the actual gp% achieved is fudged. the real figures are not visible. this only goes in hs's favour. he can claim that his menu achieves 60%, even though it doesn't.
the only way hs is going to realise the damage his decisions are doing is to completely adhere to his menu, with no variations. it is not easy to do, as the food looks so appalling, but it will send a clear message. think about it. what's in it for you?  ???

mail me, i'd be interested to chat.  ;) ;)

ice.

Offline bob2n

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28 - 2010 »
our recent stocktake gave us a gp% of 63% .