Author Topic: Manager Takes Weights And Measures, And Trading Standards, To Disaplinary.  (Read 8334 times)  Share 

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
On my travels I would say It' nearer 10% then 5%  That the average pint is short of liquid, larger and stout being worse then ale. 

Offline cheese and onion

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Manager
If the latter is true, a standard barrel holding 288 pints will still have 14.4 pints remaining if you have short measured the customers by 5%.

Exactly!!!  ;D
5% of a pint of lager in my local ss pub is 10.5 pence across the road at a non ss pub a pint of carsberg dish water 3.50 per pint with the same sized head 5% being 17.5 pence i know were ill be drinking

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
Sovereign is bad as well as the stout. I have had differing experiences around the country & different pub companies.

The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Oskipoo13

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Staff Member
It's time this idiot got stuffed ,everybody should complain to weights and measures about the 5% and he would be prosecuted full stop ,we know he like court proceedings but he would loose this one

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
It's time this idiot got stuffed ,everybody should complain to weights and measures about the 5% and he would be prosecuted full stop ,we know he like court proceedings but he would loose this one

Why don't you complain and publish the answer that you get?

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile

The truth is Sam Smiths is NOT breaking the law in is there 95% rule.   See second glass below....

http://telford.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.aspx?documentID=318&pageNumber=2

If the customer is refused a top up if the head is more them 5% then the brewery / manager is breaking the Weights and Measures ruling.

It's only because of his website and the notices behind most of the brewery bars that this is such a big issue.  The fact that the brewery demands a plus 5% on wet sales does tie the hands of the managers and I think most managers see this as a case of dammed if I do or dammed if I don't.

On a personal note. What happen to all the spare beer before the brewery wanted the extra 5%?

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile

The truth is Sam Smiths is NOT breaking the law in is there 95% rule.   See second glass below....

http://telford.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.aspx?documentID=318&pageNumber=2

If the customer is refused a top up if the head is more them 5% then the brewery / manager is breaking the Weights and Measures ruling.

It's only because of his website and the notices behind most of the brewery bars that this is such a big issue.  The fact that the brewery demands a plus 5% on wet sales does tie the hands of the managers and I think most managers see this as a case of dammed if I do or dammed if I don't.

On a personal note. What happen to all the spare beer before the brewery wanted the extra 5%?

This is why I asked Mr or Miss Oskipoo to do their research and publish their findings. There is NOTHING  wrong with the 5% head that they are banging on about.   A  search of this site or google would have made them more informed and less dumb than they appear to be regarding heads on beer.
Another mis informed post from some joker who has also come on here to just slag SS off. They slag the wine off on another topic.

Offline jboycott

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Can we bring Adolf Hitler or the Nazis into this thread?
Ooops! I already have!

Offline Malchetone

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
AH was concerned with another SS, and would have had no interest in SSOB as he was a celibate, non-smoking, vegetarian, teetotaller.

He is known to have ventured into a beer hall with a few of his very closest mates in November 1923 though, but it ended in a fracas which spilled over to the next day and a shoot-out on the streets of Munich in which Goering, rather than Hitler, almost ended up with only one ball.