Author Topic: new users rant!!  (Read 2274 times)  Share 

Offline paddy28

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Staff Member
new users rant!!
« on: Dec 17 - 2011 »
hi all,
I'm new to this forum and was put on to it by one the customers at the pub I work in.
I haven't worked for SS very long but already feel like quitting cos I have never known a company like it. Morale is very low and my managers are constantly under pressure to achieve the 5% surplus that is constantly being mentioned (whilst earning less than ?30 a day to do it).
I personally feel the 5% is morally wrong and you feel embarrassed at charging some one for half a post mix for what is basically a small squirt of pop!! If HS is that keen on stock taking why cant metered pumps and metered post mix machines be put into the houses and expect the managers to achieve an even stock. I think an even stock is achievable and no one is either stealing stock or ripping customers of which is what we are doing at the moment.
 Surely this is theft and illegal?
I have had pubs for my self before and would never dream of charging for a top in a pint unless it was served in an over sized glass, as I said its embarrassing explaining to customers why one persons drink is more expensive when there both served pints in the same glasses.
As for the TV/music situation I can to a point agree with HS on this, (it is nice to hear the art of conversation now and again without shouting over music)  but it still would be nice to have a little TV in the bar for such things as footy results, horse racing, sports etc, the sound doesn't have to be turned up, and nobody wants to watch blooming Eastenders etc on them!!!
Anyway rant over, thank you for listening and chin up to you staff and managers alike there is worse jobs and employees out there (I just cant think of any at the mo!!)

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: new users rant!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17 - 2011 »
hi all,
I'm new to this forum and was put on to it by one the customers at the pub I work in.
I haven't worked for SS very long but already feel like quitting cos I have never known a company like it. Morale is very low and my managers are constantly under pressure to achieve the 5% surplus that is constantly being mentioned (whilst earning less than ?30 a day to do it).
I personally feel the 5% is morally wrong and you feel embarrassed at charging some one for half a post mix for what is basically a small squirt of pop!! If HS is that keen on stock taking why cant metered pumps and metered post mix machines be put into the houses and expect the managers to achieve an even stock. I think an even stock is achievable and no one is either stealing stock or ripping customers of which is what we are doing at the moment.
 Surely this is theft and illegal?
I have had pubs for my self before and would never dream of charging for a top in a pint unless it was served in an over sized glass, as I said its embarrassing explaining to customers why one persons drink is more expensive when there both served pints in the same glasses.
As for the TV/music situation I can to a point agree with HS on this, (it is nice to hear the art of conversation now and again without shouting over music)  but it still would be nice to have a little TV in the bar for such things as footy results, horse racing, sports etc, the sound doesn't have to be turned up, and nobody wants to watch blooming Eastenders etc on them!!!
Anyway rant over, thank you for listening and chin up to you staff and managers alike there is worse jobs and employees out there (I just cant think of any at the mo!!)

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your first post. Many customers and staff are now aware of this website and use to communicate with us customers that use SS pubs. Your story is pretty familar to many members on here and symphasise with your problem. Conversation is good in many of the SS pubs and amusing at other times. I am not bothered about the tellys, as teh staff used to just watch the soaps. The 5% surplus could be a thing of the past as Humphrey has been told that he can't demand it any longer. Awaiting more information from the manager concerned, and shall post details later.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB