Author Topic: Cramond Inn new problems  (Read 5921 times)  Share 

Offline Auld Reekie

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Cramond Inn new problems
« on: Dec 9 - 2014 »
Dear old Humph was up at the end of last week,wait for it,this is good.Too give the management couple a severe telling off for Selling mince pies,as in Xmas pies.Yup he drove all the way up for this reason only.I honestly think he has problems.Now the management team have handed in their notice.I went down today,it was empty,the barman that was on did'nt know if he had a job after Thursday.No one from the brewery has been in touch to tell them if the pub will be open from Friday.Sad way to run what was a great pub.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Re: Cramond Inn new problems
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10 - 2014 »
Obviously not Sam Smiths' mince pies.  :E20 :WF

A bit suspicious though. Perhaps the team were given away by some min spies... :() :BL
« Last Edit: Dec 11 - 2014 by centurion »

Offline Scottishsov

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11 - 2014 »
I'm a regular at the cramond inn and have been for some years. I was in the night the infamous humf came in. The way he spoke to the manageress was disgusting. Shouting abuse in front of all the customers and continued even after she asked him if they could discuss this privately. All over mince pies. The companies Xmas menu is a joke and as far as I'm aware they bought some mince pies out of their own money. Humphreys answer was you can't just give customers what they want. Seriously, I'm not joking. He's some man. This couple have been in 9 months and have been the best managers the place has had in years. They were always on site, always working and were a breath of fresh air. This couple will be seriously missed by all the locals. I just hope humf realises what he's done and has lost a great pair. It won't be long before they are snapped up by another company. Good luck to humf next time he pops up as the locals are up in arms.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11 - 2014 »
This couple have been in 9 months and have been the best managers the place has had in years. They were always on site, always working and were a breath of fresh air. This couple will be seriously missed by all the locals.

I'm a little confused by this statement.   I was on the understanding that the managers of the Cramond had walked out in October taking the licence with them forcing the pub to close down for a week or two.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +31/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11 - 2014 »
I thought there were new people in same as Ian,anyway two points,a;you get a set menu and can't sell ANYTHING else and more worryingly,b;how did he know that mince pies (off menu)were being sold?and putting on here that they bought them themselves is not going to help!.

Offline Scottishsov

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11 - 2014 »
The real story is that the two managers of the doocot got sacked in October and they held both licences for the cramond and the doocot so handed them in over a row over money. It was nothing to do with the mains managers they have been there since March. From what I gather they thought that a few mince pies at Xmas wasn't a massive deal but obviously not. It cost them a fiver and cheered up the customers. Instead they gave them away free after they quit. I enjoyed a few.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11 - 2014 »
This makes you wonder if a customer or a member of staff contacted Tadcaster to complain about the selling of mince pies by the managers?

This forum is littered with posts about managers being caught out selling none Sam Smith's products. 

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11 - 2014 »
This makes you wonder if a customer or a member of staff contacted Tadcaster to complain about the selling of mince pies by the managers?

This forum is littered with posts about managers being caught out selling none Sam Smith's products.

Do you mean like going to Tesco, buying a bottle of say Vodka and .............?????
then wondering why you got the sack?  ::H

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12 - 2014 »

I refer you to an answer I gave, a few moments ago.  :E20 :HD

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12 - 2014 »
If the manager of, say, a Wetherspoons or Spirit pub decided to sell their own mince pies, or anything else, I have a feeling their area manager might have had something to say about it.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12 - 2014 »
Looks like somebody from either the pub or a member of this forum has contacted the brewery at Tadcaster. Same old story when the managers start doing well they appear to get sacked. Some reasons come out whilst others are masked in secrecy.

Same story just another year  ::H ::H :-x

As Ian says this forum is littered with misinformation and things that shouldn't reallly be put on here. Some people at the brewery do read this site.

The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16 - 2014 »

Maybe managers all ought to buy some cheap mince pies, or better yet, regulars chip in and get decent ones..... then give them away- compliments of no one in particular. What would he do then?
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16 - 2014 »
It's OK having a laugh and calling Humphrey names over a hand full of mince pies, but be clear about this.  He's in business whether we like it or not.   If you read the posts from our Scottish members, it implies  that the manages where selling the pies to their customers.  Now we all know how keen/proud Sam Smith's are about their products. What other chain of pubs only sell 100% their own produced/ sourced products?

What would have happened if god forbid someone began ill after eating one,  maybe allergic  reaction to something inside the mince pies.  Who's to blame? Would the blame end up at Sam Smith's Head Office? We can all say he's overreacted, but as he.   It's his business, he states what is SOLD over the counter whether the manages or customers like it or not.   

This is my take on this as a customer.

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16 - 2014 »
Like I said,, give 'em away. For the record, I am all in favour of 100% in-house product sourcing; it is a rare thing in the trade these days for sure, almost certainly unique AFAIK. Wasn't it called 'vertical integration' in the buzzword-ridden 90's? Now, can he get more & consistent flavour in his crisps, give us another regular cask beer, and put some cask back where it has been removed from and give it a second chance? And while we're at it, put some b****y signage back up so a traveller to exotic parts can find a decent drink without peering through windows or walking in, turning round and walking out again when presented with rubbish ale? That is to say, lets get to the good bits!
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16 - 2014 »
Hi jackrussel my post was not in reply to yours.   It's something I've been thinking about while I've been out and about today.  Like any forum the moaners tend to outpost everyone else.  They tend to make a couple of posts then never seen again.