Author Topic: Cramond Inn new problems  (Read 5808 times)  Share 

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Cramond Inn new problems
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16 - 2014 »
It's OK having a laugh and calling Humphrey names over a hand full of mince pies, but be clear about this.  He's in business whether we like it or not.   If you read the posts from our Scottish members, it implies  that the manages where selling the pies to their customers.  Now we all know how keen/proud Sam Smith's are about their products. What other chain of pubs only sell 100% their own produced/ sourced products?

What would have happened if god forbid someone began ill after eating one,  maybe allergic  reaction to something inside the mince pies.  Who's to blame? Would the blame end up at Sam Smith's Head Office? We can all say he's overreacted, but as he.   It's his business, he states what is SOLD over the counter whether the manages or customers like it or not.   

This is my take on this as a customer.

And that's how it is folks.... He's just protecting his business.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16 - 2014 »
What I will add is, Humphrey does lack people skills. It's OK saying "it's my way or the highway" but it must always to be done in private and never in front of customers.   

In my working life I was once spoke to like that in front of others, I followed the manager back into the site office and told him if he ever did that again, I'm off.  And I told all my apprentices that I would only bollock them in private.  It does look like young Sam is going down the same road as his father with people skills, I've been told.

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 8 - 2015 »
Hi Ian,, s'ok,,, just another wacky day on the (SS) rhubarb farm,,,,,,, Cheers!
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.