Author Topic: New Years Eve opening hours?  (Read 2997 times)  Share 

Offline Regular

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
New Years Eve opening hours?
« on: Jan 1 - 2015 »
Without giving the name of any pubs away, and getting managers into trouble, did anyone find a sams pub were they could celebrate at midnight bringing in the new year, with a drink, without it closing on the hour?  ???

Offline Owen

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: New Years Eve opening hours?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »
I know one pub, after the experience they had last year, decided to close at 11. This gave the regulars enough time to enjoy the night, and then go to another pub to celebrate the new year without having to be told to drink up and leave just after midnight.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »
Without giving the name of any pubs away, and getting managers into trouble, did anyone find a sams pub were they could celebrate at midnight bringing in the new year, with a drink, without it closing on the hour?  ???

So why ask then??  >:(

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »

The jobs hard enough without this sort of thing  >:(

Offline Calcarian

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »
centurion you clearly love everything SS, but closing at bang on midnight on NYE is a rubbish policy and almost impossible to defend.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »
centurion you clearly love everything SS, but closing at bang on midnight on NYE is a rubbish policy and almost impossible to defend.

Thought it was 5 or 10 past midnight? Not that I'm splitting hairs of course!

Offline Regular

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »

I thought my question was obvious - but it would appear not to some! I was simply trying to assertain what the current policy was, and if it was a blanket policy covering all Sams pubs.

Many will know that some aspects keep changing, and do not necessarily affect all pubs. Some managers would probably have preferred to share their celebrations with its customers. Whilst others, would probably prefer the freedom to go elsewhere, or celebrate alone.

Most customers however, would probably want to celebrate in their favourite pub, with friends. Most other businesses cater for their customers, especially if it brings in more business.

The information I was requesting, I thought was reasonable, especially as I made it clear that I didn't want any specific pub details.

So why does centurion bite my head off?  :S*

Maybe it's just within his nature to get nasty? Happy New Year!  :ED1

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »

Oh no I don't. The OBB is very good though. I also did like the Bass they used to serve in the 'Callie. :-*

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »

Thought it was 5 or 10 past midnight? Not that I'm splitting hairs of course!

Correct.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »

I thought my question was obvious - but it would appear not to some! I was simply trying to assertain what the current policy was, and if it was a blanket policy covering all Sams pubs.

Many will know that some aspects keep changing, and do not necessarily affect all pubs. Some managers would probably have preferred to share their celebrations with its customers. Whilst others, would probably prefer the freedom to go elsewhere, or celebrate alone.

Most customers however, would probably want to celebrate in their favourite pub, with friends. Most other businesses cater for their customers, especially if it brings in more business.

The information I was requesting, I thought was reasonable, especially as I made it clear that I didn't want any specific pub details.

So why does centurion bite my head off?  :S*

Maybe it's just within his nature to get nasty? Happy New Year!  :ED1

ALL Samuel Smith pubs were given the same instruction, by the owner of the business, reference festive season opening hours, it keeps the costs down. Bar closed midnight, however once a year customers were allowed to sing (Auld Lang Synge) after midnight, then.... told to f... off. Should managers chose to ignore these instructions, well???

When did HS give a f... what his customers WANT (you should be eternally grateful for his reasonable prices?) He has often said, and has been well reported on this sight, you can always go somewhere else Indeed he has history of walking in on New Years eve and shutting pubs down, no sing song their.

:::K Sorry if I bit your head off but I dislike even giving his nibs the whiff of  disobedience to his commands. It's too easy to slip and drop a name or two? :WF

Nasty, Nasty, Nasty. Look who was first with the New Year Greetings.  :HD :HD :HD :BL :BL :BL

The END going for pint (OBB)  :BL