Author Topic: Has fallen in love with a SS pub but after reading this im panicing  (Read 14768 times)  Share 

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +14/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
DarkieBoy posted a few days ago that Widow Cullens Well was closed temporarily as the managers had been sacked, 11 months into their employment.

Yes I did see that in passing onthedrink. Sorry have been away for a while and still ploughing my way through the forum.

Not sure after any potential manager has read the forum why they would apply for a job at the brewery. Some as stated before seem happy enough, whilst others are not. Humphrey does appear to wrecking the relationship between his managers and staff at a higher rate than ever before. Heard a few times that suppliers just won't do business with SSOB, because of the way they were treated. Does Humphrey have any personnel skills

Wondered where you'd been hiding!

There are managers who seem (relatively) happy but I think they just get on with it while always keeping Hump's attitude to his slaves in the back of their mind.   I've often wondered how the man gets anyone to deal with him.

Thanks, jsut had a break for a while, and was pretty quiet before I left.

There are some that seem happy enough, others are not. Not sure what the winning forumla is to keep your job with SSOB, long service is not always one. Others as you say are simply slaves to Humphrey and his regime. I know of at least four long term managers that are leaving this year. So more vacancies to fill.

Yes, welcome back. You are certainly making up for your absence tonight......... ;)

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
DarkieBoy posted a few days ago that Widow Cullens Well was closed temporarily as the managers had been sacked, 11 months into their employment.

Yes I did see that in passing onthedrink. Sorry have been away for a while and still ploughing my way through the forum.

Not sure after any potential manager has read the forum why they would apply for a job at the brewery. Some as stated before seem happy enough, whilst others are not. Humphrey does appear to wrecking the relationship between his managers and staff at a higher rate than ever before. Heard a few times that suppliers just won't do business with SSOB, because of the way they were treated. Does Humphrey have any personnel skills

Wondered where you'd been hiding!

There are managers who seem (relatively) happy but I think they just get on with it while always keeping Hump's attitude to his slaves in the back of their mind.   I've often wondered how the man gets anyone to deal with him.

Thanks, jsut had a break for a while, and was pretty quiet before I left.

There are some that seem happy enough, others are not. Not sure what the winning forumla is to keep your job with SSOB, long service is not always one. Others as you say are simply slaves to Humphrey and his regime. I know of at least four long term managers that are leaving this year. So more vacancies to fill.

Yes, welcome back. You are certainly making up for your absence tonight......... ;)

Thanks ECBD and I shall reply to your message soon. Yes lots to catch up on
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB