Author Topic: oh dear!!!!!! ss reported to equality and human rights commission  (Read 8899 times)  Share 

Offline oh dear!!!!!

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
yeah definatly ............... or just cancel christmas altogether that would just make the whole situation altogether..........

also got to add was speaking to another person yesterday who works for ss she said he is an ****************************************** dare i repeat

obviously i cant repeat otherwise she may get the sack so cant put up much more than that nut my god she knows whats and whos going on for sure and let alot out about him......

he's a defo scrooge for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!! really glad he didnt offer me a job now tho thank god i would have twatted him by now especially if he thought he could talk to me like he does his other managers .............. there aint a hope in hell for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
yeah definatly ............... or just cancel christmas altogether that would just make the whole situation altogether..........

also got to add was speaking to another person yesterday who works for ss she said he is an ****************************************** dare i repeat

obviously i cant repeat otherwise she may get the sack so cant put up much more than that nut my god she knows whats and whos going on for sure and let alot out about him......

he's a defo scrooge for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!! really glad he didnt offer me a job now tho thank god i would have twatted him by now especially if he thought he could talk to me like he does his other managers .............. there aint a hope in hell for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Humphrey probably already has cancelled Christmas. Glad you decided against the job with SS with all the informaiton available on here. But plenty of people are still applying for jobs. Can you pm the pub please as interested.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline oh dear!!!!!

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
have pm you what i know so if any bother let me know and i will see if i can find it for you again

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
have pm you what i know so if any bother let me know and i will see if i can find it for you again

Thanks
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline oh dear!!!!!

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
have pm you the  advert complete with phone number!!!!!!!!!!!! have fun lol

Offline normanx

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
Utter rubbish he has just employed a lovely couple in the flying dutchman Summerbridge and they are from Northumberland, pub is the cleanest it has has been for years ,also the O.B.B. is excellent.Normanx

Offline passedit

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
Good nice pub friends of mine did a relief there hope the new guys last more than 11 months  :D

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
Yes the couple at the Flying Dutchman are one couple that I knew were not from Yorkshire and hope they stay. They seemed a lovely couple and the place was definately cleaner than on previous visits.

Offline fishy

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
we worked for Sams for 2 years,
i'm scottish & she's a brummie, Humph had no issues with our background, but we did hide our previous experience to a certain degree as we were informed that sams prefered managers with little or no previous experience, i loved the Pub we had (gloucestershire area) and i still love the products (but not the food) and we were attracted to working for a "family firm" after 15 years working for M & B but the madness did get to us in the end,

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
we worked for Sams for 2 years,
i'm scottish & she's a brummie, Humph had no issues with our background, but we did hide our previous experience to a certain degree as we were informed that sams prefered managers with little or no previous experience, i loved the Pub we had (gloucestershire area) and i still love the products (but not the food) and we were attracted to working for a "family firm" after 15 years working for M & B but the madness did get to us in the end,

I know a few new managers that have now got wise to giving less expereince of the pub industry on their cv's to try and get a job with the brewery. So people are reading and listening to the members of this site. SS has many lvely pubs in brilliant locations, just such a pity that managers aren't allowed to stay for longer. Turn the pubs around and give the customers more choice over food. The products are brilliant and hope they continue into the future. The family firm element turns sour when you think that the companies are controlled by one man Humphrey Smith. He has total and complete control of the empire and is never going to give it up. Sometimes might be better off working for a newer pub group.

Offline londongal

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
We were turned down for a management couple-position -after having a successful interview with the temp manager- by HS because of our age and the fact that I am not from the UK. Worked for Sam's for 18 months in the past as a bar person, but that didn't matter. :(

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
We were turned down for a management couple-position -after having a successful interview with the temp manager- by HS because of our age and the fact that I am not from the UK. Worked for Sam's for 18 months in the past as a bar person, but that didn't matter. :(

I know quite a few bar staff who have been turned down for management jobs at the brewery as many have done over a year or more. Or given a very mundane excuse not to give the person a pub of their own, yet will let them do relief work for Sams.

There are quite a few non UK resident's that are working for Sams at the moment, and probably many more as more and more vacancies come up.