Author Topic: tiger haxby  (Read 14766 times)  Share 

Offline bistodog11

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Manager
tiger haxby
« on: Nov 15 - 2012 »
another couple sacked over the humphs 5% .locked up stairs with 3 kids like convicts  told to leave straight away .to those people who continue to mock managers over humphs 5% please feel free to call the ex manager of the tiger.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: tiger haxby
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15 - 2012 »
another couple sacked over the humphs 5% .locked up stairs with 3 kids like convicts  told to leave straight away .to those people who continue to mock managers over humphs 5% please feel free to call the ex manager of the tiger.

So maybe the post I made on the 9th was not a mistake  after all?   

http://samsmiths.info/forum/index.php/topic,3111.msg18944.html#msg18944

I wonder if it what on Gumtree before the managers know about being sacked?

You have to wonder where it will all end.

Offline Owen

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15 - 2012 »
Shocked and saddened to hear. Kevin and Denise were always brilliant company when I went up on my Friday evening stroll. When will Humph realise he is riunning the company to extinction. The quicker he goes the better. Let someone who knows what they are doing run the business. I hope they can somehow do him for compensation, but I doubt it.

Bitterboy

• Non-Member
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16 - 2012 »
Very sad news,K and D are a great couple and will be sadly missed. You were right Ian,a bit premature on Humphs part in advertising pub !,didn't mention it to K and D hoped it was a mistake,wish I had now.Wonder if it would be of use in any case they bring against brewery? BB

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16 - 2012 »
I shall miss D & K very much. They ran a friendly pub and always made me and Sophie the pub hound very welcome.

I wouldn't miss HS at all.

I do wish D & K every success for the future, and hope they can find accommodation quickly and less stressful employment working for somebody who appreciates them and who is willing to treat them with the respect they deserve.

I think their experience proves that nobody, no matter who they are, is secure working for HS. Those considering taking on one of his pubs should bear this in mind. It can, and probably will, happen to you too.

Tone

Offline Johnbob

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
tiger haxby
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16 - 2012 »
It's ridiculous, the man (Humphrey) is a unpleasant person, I've totally changed my opinion on him...

I'd love to meet him again an give him a piece of my mind, he's also sacked the barley corn managers they've been there 8 months

Offline myke

• Member Karma = +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16 - 2012 »
I just carnt make up my mind if he is just ruthless or has a mental condition but whichever it is its not sound buisness
The posts i make are my own. The oppinions i express are mine too.  :BL

Offline Tadcaster resident

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17 - 2012 »
I was in my local last night, which isn't a million miles away from Haxby and from what they were saying there is a little bit more to this than what has been said above.  I won't go into details here but I believe the couple have now left the premises and a relief is in place. Now have the brewery told the local licensing dept yet, I'll open a book!! :()

Offline Moonchild

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19 - 2012 »
Yes. By what I have heard from a very reliable source there's a LOT more to it than "Humphrey's 5%". They now have a relief from Harrogate in there.

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19 - 2012 »
Yes. By what I have heard from a very reliable source there's a LOT more to it than "Humphrey's 5%". They now have a relief from Harrogate in there.

You've come here and in your first post you claim that you know a 'lot more' about this situation. Yet you produce no evidence. Who are you. Humphrey himself?

I am amazed that anyone could be so clandestinely vindictive towards a hard-working, well-liked and, by the Tiger locals, respected couple, who served HS faithfully for well over his usual 11 month employment period. They might have made one mistake, but they have been hounded out of the system because of it.

For gawd sake, none of us is perfect!

This family has two children in school locally. They are now homeless.

I don't think your post above has helped the situation at all. I won't personally welcome you to this forum.

Tone (A Tiger regular)

Offline purplecurtains

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #10 on: Nov 19 - 2012 »
K&D ran a great pub and will be missed, without a doubt it won't be the same pub now they are gone.

Offline Jessie

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
tiger haxby
« Reply #11 on: Nov 19 - 2012 »
Well said canaldrifter, it saddens me how he can be so ruthless with no thought or concern about making people homeless and jobless!!! It's about time he was brought down a peg or two!!! I just don't understand how he has gotten away with this type of senile behaviour for so long!!

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19 - 2012 »
Not having ever seen Tone be so fired up by someone's post I can only assume that he's spot on with that.  I have a friend who lives near York and occasionally nips in to the Tiger, on my recommendation, from Tone's recommendation on this forum, and they love the place and the people who run it.

People who suddenly pop up on the forum to make or insinuate allegations against managers should be treated with great suspicion because they often have an axe to grind - probably because they've had a disagreement with the management and are seeking some sort of petty redress.

Whatever the circumstances, we're talking about someone's livelihood here, and their family, so wouldn't it be a really good idea not to make any judgments or spread tittle tattle about them?

Offline samsdrinker

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 20 - 2012 »
My local too both will be missed by many im sure :GIVEB:

Bitterboy

• Non-Member
« Reply #14 on: Nov 20 - 2012 »
Well said canaldrifter,known Kevin and Denise for a number of years and will be sadly missed BB.