Author Topic: tiger haxby  (Read 15294 times)  Share 

Offline Moonchild

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: tiger haxby
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20 - 2012 »
Yes. By what I have heard from a very reliable source there's a LOT more to it than "Humphrey's 5%". They now have a relief from Harrogate in there.

You've come here and in your first post you claim that you know a 'lot more' about this situation. Yet you produce no evidence. Who are you. Humphrey himself?

I am amazed that anyone could be so clandestinely vindictive towards a hard-working, well-liked and, by the Tiger locals, respected couple, who served HS faithfully for well over his usual 11 month employment period. They might have made one mistake, but they have been hounded out of the system because of it.

For gawd sake, none of us is perfect!

This family has two children in school locally. They are now homeless.

I don't think your post above has helped the situation at all. I won't personally welcome you to this forum.

Tone (A Tiger regular)

I was merely replying to Tadcaster Resident in that it's not always to do with the "5%" as was mentioned earlier in this thread. There have been a lot of rumours flying about - and were libelous to say the least! - and none of which I quoted. I have been told by another manager of a Sams and for what it's worth, they were able to back up what they said.

This doesn't detract from the fact that K&D are great people and super hosts and who'll be missed. And their Sunday roasts were exceptional!

Yes, this is my first post though I've been a member for a while. I don't always check out this site as I'm normally only a regular in a handfull of Sams pubs in the city thus do not have very much to add on many an occasion. I checked out the forum especially after hearing about K&D in the hope of finding out relevant information.

It was never my intention to be vindictive and I have no axe to grind against the couple or their family. Indeed it is another situation which should've been handled better by Humphrey et al to negate any fervent speculation. All I did say that is was more than the "5%". Maybe I could have made that clearer and in which case I apologise.

BTW: I used to be a manager for Sams years back (my daughter still is) so am well aware of the madness that goes on within the company.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 20 - 2012 »
Welcome to posting on the forum Moonchild.

Maybe a case of misunderstanding of your first post.

As for being Humphrey,  join the club mate.  A few of us on here have been accused of being Humphrey.

I've been in the Tiger myself a few time and always found it a most welcoming pub to visit.   

ian.

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 21 - 2012 »

It was never my intention to be vindictive and I have no axe to grind against the couple or their family. Indeed it is another situation which should've been handled better by Humphrey et al to negate any fervent speculation. All I did say that is was more than the "5%". Maybe I could have made that clearer and in which case I apologise.

Apology accepted on behalf of D&K.

Tone

Offline blue stanley

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 21 - 2012 »

An apology to Moonchild might be due as i cant see anything wrong with his first post.

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 21 - 2012 »

An apology to Moonchild might be due as i cant see anything wrong with his first post.

Others here would disagree, it seems.

Tone

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 21 - 2012 »

Others here would disagree, it seems.

Tone

I certainly took it as if it was a dig at the couple - but I'm pleased that Moonchild hadn't actually intended any slight.

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 21 - 2012 »
Moonchild also stated:

There have been a lot of rumours flying about - and were libelous to say the least! - and none of which I quoted. I have been told by another manager of a Sams and for what it's worth, they were able to back up what they said.

I would suggest that we stop hinting at what might have happened. None of us knows, and if anyone thinks they do know, they have no right to be discussing it with customers, especially if they are a manager. Likewise, it doesn't help to hint at information known but not shared here.

I for one seldom believe anything told to me in a pub, whether by a manager or not.

My concern is for the family, who may well have to spend Christmas in a hostel or B&B, because of Humphrey Smith's inane policies.

Tone

Offline extra stout

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 21 - 2012 »
 :DKB there  is more to that than meets the eye ,and it is nothing to do with 5%

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 21 - 2012 »

Idiot.

Offline Johnbob

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
tiger haxby
« Reply #24 on: Nov 21 - 2012 »
There's always one OTD :/

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Nov 21 - 2012 »

Idiot.

K&D made some enemies while they were managing the Tiger; idiots they banned from the pub for various reasons of bad behaviour. Already some of them are back in the pub, and it is already descending to the low standards that were there before K&D took over. They worked very hard to successfully improve the pub. All that hard work is already wasted.

It does seem as if one or two of those who have a grudge against K&D are now trying to put in the boot.

That is the only way I can interpret posts such as the above.

Tone

Offline blue stanley

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 22 - 2012 »

I would suggest that we stop hinting at what might have happened. None of us knows, and if anyone thinks they do know, they have no right to be discussing it with customers, especially if they are a manager. Likewise, it doesn't help to hint at information known but not shared here.

I for one seldom believe anything told to me in a pub, whether by a manager or not.

My concern is for the family, who may well have to spend Christmas in a hostel or B&B, because of Humphrey Smith's inane policies.

Tone
[/quote]

What annoys me on this forum is people who shed crocodile tears for sacked managers. However
these tears only last until the cheap beer in there glass is gone and they go back to the bar for more to further line Mr Smiths pocket.

Feel genuinely sorry for the family as i also live in a house that is tied to my job.

Moonchild, i hope you continue to post on this forum

Dick

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov 22 - 2012 »

What annoys me on this forum is people who shed crocodile tears for sacked managers. However
these tears only last until the cheap beer in there glass is gone and they go back to the bar for more to further line Mr Smiths pocket.

Dick

I am so glad you are not referring to me then.

What are you suggesting? That we should all start boycotting SS pubs?

More unfounded judgmental clap-trap.

Tone

Offline Johnbob

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
tiger haxby
« Reply #28 on: Nov 22 - 2012 »
Tbh when all the old men die there's gonna be about 2/3 ppl in SS pubs...kids of today want smoking shelters, music, tv, and jäger bombs...

I can't see SS doing well in 10-15 years time

Offline tubbycoates

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 22 - 2012 »
Just to show the new landlady has been well trained, I had to ask her to top up my pint when I went in last week, and had to ask her again after she topped it up!