Author Topic: Pint Measures (off topic content split from 'tiger haxby' thread)  (Read 5951 times)  Share 

Offline Johnbob

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
What's the matter with a good head? God some people don't half whinge about pints....

Would you ask for a topup in a cafe?

I like the head a good half inch

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
What's the matter with a good head? God some people don't half whinge about pints....

Would you ask for a topup in a cafe?

I like the head a good half inch

What would you want topped up in a cafe?

A half inch head is fine, but there are plenty of pubs where they'll happily more of a head on, and but not just Sams pubs by any means.

Offline Johnbob

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
I've had half a cup brought to me, in cafes....didn't ask for a top up and I bet I paid more than a pint for it

It's ridiculous some of the pettiness some people have...

Offline blue stanley

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile

Sams beer is cheap, but not free, so a customer is entitled to a perfect pint!

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
I've had half a cup brought to me, in cafes....didn't ask for a top up and I bet I paid more than a pint for it

It's ridiculous some of the pettiness some people have...

Aye, tea and coffee cost far more than beer, and petrol for that matter! I don't moan unless I get a pint that's really taking the mickey. Thankfully none of my regular haunts do.

Offline tubbycoates

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
It's not pettiness. If you went to a shop and asked for 20 fags, and, in front of you, the person behind the counter took one out and gave you 19, would you complain? Of course you would.

If someone serves me a short pint, in a Sams or elsewhere, I want it topping up, because that is what I'm paying for. And God help anyone who refuses. I'll shop them to weights and measures pronto.

Offline Johnbob

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Whinge...you from Yorkshire?

Offline tubbycoates

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
No, North Yorkshire. There is no such place called Yorkshire, it was abolished in 1974.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
It's not pettiness. If you went to a shop and asked for 20 fags, and, in front of you, the person behind the counter took one out and gave you 19, would you complain? Of course you would.

If someone serves me a short pint, in a Sams or elsewhere, I want it topping up, because that is what I'm paying for. And God help anyone who refuses. I'll shop them to weights and measures pronto.

Here we go again...............

For the 9millionth time, you are entitled to 95% liquid, so that is 95% of a pint of liquid plus 5% head, NOT a pint of liquid plus a head. This is the industry/weights and measures guide lines, standard, the law or whatever. End of, can we move on for gods sake.....

Offline tubbycoates

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
I Know !
The pint I was refering to had a huge head that didn't reach the top of the glass, it probably had no more than an 80% pint. After she supposedly topped it up, it was about 90%.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
Yes I agree it has now done the full circle and debated the head size on pints that many times that it's getting boring. Need to move onto a new subject or thread.

Have the managers actually left the Tiger yet ?
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline myke

• Member Karma = +7/-0
    • View Profile
my heads about 11 deep and its got plenty of body under it  ;D ;D but its whats inside that counts :P

if you dont like what your served complain politely if not topped up etc leave simples. this applies whether its beer coffe tea or pop.
The posts i make are my own. The oppinions i express are mine too.  :BL

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
the difference between tea/coffee/pop etc is
beer must be served in measures of half or one pint in a government stamped glass
its the lawx

There's no law to say a government stamped glass has to be used, only that a pint or half pint, or even a third, should be served. A stamped jug could be used to serve the beer, and metered dispense needs no measured glassware.
« Last Edit: Nov 30 - 2012 by The Webmaster »

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
Hurray! Back to the topic!

Why does almost every discussion on here always return to the amount of liquid/head on a pint? SS.info's own version of Godwin's law huh?

:()

Godwin's law  ::T::     Is that the law from one Humphrey Smith-Godwin that states , why give the customer 95% when most will be happy with 90% ?

Offline Moonchild

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Touchet, Ian, touchet!  :D