Author Topic: Brown Bear Sheffield  (Read 1989 times)  Share 

Offline taddyman01

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Brown Bear Sheffield
« on: Mar 2 - 2015 »
I have been in the Brown Bear several times and always found it friendly. I went in recently however to find a very drunk landlord behind the bar who I think is called Dave hurling abuse at customers and made some very nasty comments about gay people. Is this the standard that Sam Smith has for their landlords?  I will not be frequenting the place again!

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Brown Bear Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: Mar 2 - 2015 »
Well, it goes without saying that this sort of behavior would not be considered acceptable by the brewery. In particular being bevied whilst on duty and in charge.
However, there are two sides to most stories and I suggest you give the place another try, and if the circumstances turn out to be the same again, put pen to paper and write in to the brewery.

Offline taddyman01

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 3 - 2015 »
Thank you east coast beer drinker.  From what I can gather it is a normal occurrance for him to be like this so wont be going in again.  There are so many bars in Sheffield when I visit the city there is no need to listen to abuse for the sake of a cheap pint.

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #3 on: Mar 3 - 2015 »
Well, it goes without saying that this sort of behavior would not be considered acceptable by the brewery. In particular being bevied whilst on duty and in charge.
However, there are two sides to most stories and I suggest you give the place another try, and if the circumstances turn out to be the same again, put pen to paper and write in to the brewery.

When you say "pen to paper", I assume you mean quill to parchment?  Joking aside, "pen to paper" is to be taken literally.

DB.

Offline taddyman01

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 3 - 2015 »
And to be honest if a representative of sam smiths were to frequent the bar from what I can gather they will see this for themselves most nights!    :BL

Offline taddyman01

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13 - 2015 »
I hear that our lovely landlord has been at it again! starting on staff and several customers! Why does Sam Smiths do nothing about this before he kills what was a great pub!