Author Topic: this froum managers and staff posting on it  (Read 4204 times)  Share 

Offline minitaddy-monster

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
as the title suggests have or can staff be sacked for posting comments on this page? odiously staff have done so has they been consequences for this. just wondering if they has been things like that in the past   

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: this froum managers and staff posting on it
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3 - 2012 »
as the title suggests have or can staff be sacked for posting comments on this page? odiously staff have done so has they been consequences for this. just wondering if they has been things like that in the past

Staff can and do post on here, but it's not very wise to do it in a way that they can be found out who they are.   I don't know about being sacked for posting on here, but I don't think it would do their career at the brewery any good if Humphrey found out.   C==B

Offline Max

• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 3 - 2012 »

It has been heard on numerous occasions, that allegedly, Mr H Smith is not a great fan of this website - especially because he would appear to want to keep everything very private and hidden from both staff, and customers. The onset of this started a number of years ago, when all external 'Samuel Smiths' livery was removed from all pubs and transport.

This website allows the opportunity to communicate anonymously, with the only exception being, if someone chooses to reveal their own identity.

As stated by Ian, I would strongly suggest that people uphold disguising of their identities, especially if they are currently employed by the brewery (as does Mr Smith with his external pub/company identities) to safeguard against any persecution.

I might add, that we have it on very good authority that Mr Smith does examine the content of this site - or have someone do it on his behalf - and occasionally it may prove useful for him, in his probably overstretched roll as 'area' manager (on top of other duties, like MD), to have an independent 'ear to the ground', and get a 'heads up' on any potential commercial weaknesses.

We all of course provide this service to Mr Smith, completely free of charge. And of course we also now re-advertise his current vacancies when possible - just part of our friendly service!  :)

Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 4 - 2012 »
I know members that are managers and staff that work for the brewery and generally keep themselves unknown. Unless they reveal themselves to us.

It is a great free resource for the brewery and should probably be used for the feeling around the pubs and estate.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB