Author Topic: Is some of your beer served from the drip trays?  (Read 19719 times)  Share 

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
Re: Is some of your beer served from the drip trays?
« Reply #45 on: Feb 8 - 2013 »
"quick question what happened to stock surplus before humph started to insist on 5%"

the managers drank it if I'm not mistaken it was Fran O'Brien who showed humph the error in his way!
excatly so lets get this right before it was pointed out to him most managers used to get a decent surplus on their stock and that surplus was theirs to do with what they pleased so that means the managers were stealing from customers if you want to call it theft. its his business his beer his surplus maybe hes gone over the top with asking for the maximum surplus 5% but its the freeflow system thats wrong its impossible not to get a surplus if you know what your doing all the people on here calling it theft ask your self this if it was your business would you not expect a surplus with the current system in place until oversized lined glasses are put into place this is how its going to be unless you want to drink flat pints with no head if the glasses dont hold a pint with a head how are we supposed to dispense a full pint its not theft its not humphs fault its the freeflow system thats wrong

so its humphs company change the freeflow System like hes been threatening to do in recent years But won't because of the revenue it makes just think wot the amount is in thetown centre pubs like Sinclair's oyster bar or the London pubs.  wether it is the company's right to with hold the customers 5% so humph keeping it is wrong and giving it to your managers is also wrong maybe I'm just missing your point but i been there the managers are under paid over worked and  IT IS STILL WRONG! CANT  we tell your still working for him (well until he works out who u are on here) or it is time to join pension or he just fancy a change you will be out hes a ruthless man who thinks that staff are slaves and because hes wealthy he can do it. He is a disgrace and you wont get any thanks sticking up for him probally the sack that how twisted that mans logic is

Its not having  ago at you its pointing out the facts

hope I am wrong and would be very pleased to be proved wrong but i very much doubt that

Offline cheese and onion

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Sams Manager
« Reply #46 on: Feb 8 - 2013 »
"quick question what happened to stock surplus before humph started to insist on 5%"

the managers drank it if I'm not mistaken it was Fran O'Brien who showed humph the error in his way!
excatly so lets get this right before it was pointed out to him most managers used to get a decent surplus on their stock and that surplus was theirs to do with what they pleased so that means the managers were stealing from customers if you want to call it theft. its his business his beer his surplus maybe hes gone over the top with asking for the maximum surplus 5% but its the freeflow system thats wrong its impossible not to get a surplus if you know what your doing all the people on here calling it theft ask your self this if it was your business would you not expect a surplus with the current system in place until oversized lined glasses are put into place this is how its going to be unless you want to drink flat pints with no head if the glasses dont hold a pint with a head how are we supposed to dispense a full pint its not theft its not humphs fault its the freeflow system thats wrong

so its humphs company change the freeflow System like hes been threatening to do in recent years But won't because of the revenue it makes just think wot the amount is in thetown centre pubs like Sinclair's oyster bar or the London pubs.  wether it is the company's right to with hold the customers 5% so humph keeping it is wrong and giving it to your managers is also wrong maybe I'm just missing your point but i been there the managers are under paid over worked and  IT IS STILL WRONG! CANT  we tell your still working for him (well until he works out who u are on here) or it is time to join pension or he just fancy a change you will be out hes a ruthless man who thinks that staff are slaves and because hes wealthy he can do it. He is a disgrace and you wont get any thanks sticking up for him probally the sack that how twisted that mans logic is

Its not having  ago at you its pointing out the facts

hope I am wrong and would be very pleased to be proved wrong but i very much doubt that
dont know if youve got a different keyboard to everyone else but now ive worked out what your trying to say i would be must grateful if you could share your vast experiance with us and explain how to get 1 full pint into a vessel that it wont fit into without it being flat. as for sinclairs and the like theres pubs all over the country closing every day because they cant make a profit. do you really think all sams pubs are making a profit no its the likes of sinclairs that are keeping them open. for your imformation ive worked for sams a number of years now i am in the pension scheme and dont consider myself overworked or underpaid just love the job.

Offline sovsuppa

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Feb 8 - 2013 »

" its not humphs fault its the freeflow system thats wrong"

Sure, it's not his fault.  It's his exploitation and his implementation of it that's wrong. :U :U

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #48 on: Feb 8 - 2013 »
very true. If only Humphrey would lsiten and see sense over the surplus. Hygiene and cleanliness are important. But many managers are under such pressure to get the surplus. Not good for moral.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Feb 8 - 2013 »
cheese and onion get in the real world humphs converted you. And well done for being entered into pension scheme and your not overworked or underpaid is fantastic and obviously got staff hours if ur life SO peachy, what are you going to do when you get the sack for even looking at this site, nevermind trying to justify his actions and the one glove fits 300+ theory hes so proud of. Think you need a break you been spending too much time up humphs :-x!

sorry but its ridiculous the world has been turning different to the twisted logic you so admire with your current employer the mighty humph!!
I too did and in some ways do admire the man hes got a lot of history and i do think he deserves credit a number of his different passions and slightly bizarre action but on the whole he ruins it with his disgraceful behaviour towards staff and customers and it ruins all that admiration hopefully you will continue to be overjoyed with humph but personally i would not be staking my future on him especially with the amount of pubs closing daily cos as soon as his lordships coffers dwindle any more than he wants he will pull the plug in my opinion.

300+ pubs to add to the portfolio of empty and boarded up property's how his forefathers would rejoyce at the tremendous effort this man has put into ruining the family businesss with greed. 

How many current managers in the pension scheme? your narrowing the field down to your id please don't loose your privileged postion cos your fighting a loosing battle in my world.And i am saying this because it fact or you will be like SO many other managers after the humph hairdryer treatment or should i say termination letter for gross misconduct his favourite choice pmsl  :SRD :HD

humphs ways are not relevant to every pub maybe 50 in the group,but the rest should be adapted to suit the area do you not think

its wrong which ever way u dress it up

Offline passedit

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Feb 8 - 2013 »
How do London pubs achieve a 5% surplus don,t they serve beer flat to the rim if so they must use 20 ounce glasses or am I wrong and they now serve pints with heads ?

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Feb 8 - 2013 »
How do London pubs achieve a 5% surplus don,t they serve beer flat to the rim if so they must use 20 ounce glasses or am I wrong and they now serve pints with heads ?

Flat pints in London, NEVER.

Look a photo #1 on post #27.  :HJH

http://samsmiths.info/forum/index.php/topic,2439.15.html

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Feb 9 - 2013 »

Yes, served with a head.
« Last Edit: Feb 9 - 2013 by east coast beer drinker »

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Feb 9 - 2013 »
When in London last time, the pints varied from pub to pub, with regards heads. Some lack of them  ??? After asking them to leave me a head on my pints.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »
I had a pint in the GlassHouse Stores Dec.21st. Was served flat - the lousiest pint of Ob I have ever had. The other London Sam's I have tried all served with a head and were well kept. :U

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »
I had a pint in the GlassHouse Stores Dec.21st. Was served flat - the lousiest pint of Ob I have ever had. The other London Sam's I have tried all served with a head and were well kept. :U

When it's good it's great - when it's not good it's lousy.

I had a few not so good one's in London last summer. One of which was not drinkable and the head in some of the pubs was well less than the old 5%.....

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #56 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »

I had a few not so good one's in London last summer. One of which was not drinkable and the head in some of the pubs was well less than the old 5%.....

Has something changed with the New Year?S?

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Jan 2 - 2015 »

Has something changed with the New Year?S?

Nope, just don't like mentioning the number 5 and the word "percent" in the same sentence that's all........ :_o

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Jul 29 - 2017 »
Having heard stuff in the past, I asked one of the bar staff ( last week ), if it had been the case in one of my locals. He replied in the positive, that he was ordered to do it by the then manager, who is now in another Sam's outlet. I theorise, knowing said individual, that it was to maximise his 5% / whatever, as he was a 'fidddler'.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Jul 29 - 2017 »
I hasten to add, that this is NOT the manager who has just left.