Author Topic: Gambling Machines  (Read 1200 times)  Share 

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Gambling Machines
« on: Apr 1 - 2015 »
Has any other member(s) seen a rapid decline in the presence of gambling machines in their local SS pubs(s) ? I know at least 8 that have theres taken out recently. Is this a new cost saving for SS, as I know the license(s) are expensive. Especially when many aren't taking large amounts of money

The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Kippax1989

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Staff
Re: Gambling Machines
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1 - 2015 »
It will more likely than not solely depend on whether they bring enough money in.
A fair few have lost their quiz machines as they simply didnt generate the income required to keep them in at a profit

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 2 - 2015 »
Has any other member(s) seen a rapid decline in the presence of gambling machines in their local SS pubs(s) ? I know at least 8 that have theres taken out recently. Is this a new cost saving for SS, as I know the license(s) are expensive. Especially when many aren't taking large amounts of money

AWPs not gambling machines.

8 locals sounds like a decent night out?  :EX

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #3 on: Apr 2 - 2015 »
Gaming machine. AWP refers to amusement with prizes as opposed to a skill with prize machine ( usually referred to as a quiz machine ). There are grey areas regards Gaming and the law, the current Gambling Act. Comes down to what is defined as gaming and then interpretation of the legislation. The old 68 Act was actually a better piece of legislation, the Gambling Act was, like the Licensing Act, a rushed flawed pile of **** set up for the benefit of brewers etc. Basically, the Govt. of the day wanted to make it as easy as possible for people to get p*ssed and/or gamble so that they got the tax revenue and to hell with the consequences and effects.