Author Topic: New Inn Gildersome  (Read 1297 times)  Share 

Offline JohnF

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
New Inn Gildersome
« on: Apr 20 - 2015 »
Well it looks like our long awaited refurbishment is getting under way today! Let's hope all goes according to plan although it is understood that all in all it will take 7 weeks to finalise.

Offline Blackhawk

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New Inn Gildersome
« Reply #1 on: Sep 1 - 2015 »
Well refurb completed but the merry go round carries on another pair of managers go and a really keen couple Jane and Chris get the pub a couple of locals the pub smells clean the beer is spot on and seems to be getting busier. They go on all the training courses Jane really keen to start the food even though many of us think everything is a quid too dear.
We go on holiday for two weeks and get back Jane and Chris have been Humperied what a waste if them two cant make it work might as well board the pub up,

Offline JohnF

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New Inn Gildersome
« Reply #2 on: Sep 1 - 2015 »
Just seen your post Blackhawk - needless to say the recent happenings are already the subject of much discussion as you will see. No-one can understand this latest action by the OLM (odious little man) but I do appreciate your feelings as to constant change. Matter of fact on the last three occasions me and the second in command have been away, we have returned home to a change brought about by the OLM, whether for good reasons or bad. We really will have to consider whether or not to go away again!!!!!!!!!!!
Must say that it is agreed all round that Jane and Chris were doing a good job and had just about got everything ready to start on the food. Now the whole process must be gone through again if only because I cannot see the pub working properly without residents managers, no matter how good or efficient the present set up is.