Author Topic: Ten more pubs,confirmed  (Read 14396 times)  Share 

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +31/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Ten more pubs,confirmed
« on: Jun 18 - 2015 »
These ten pubs have been advertised on gumtree in the last few days and unlike the previous ads these clearly state the pub has recently been acquired by Samuel Smiths Old Brewery.Rather than type them all out this is the link to all the ads.

http://www.gumtree.com/sellerads/1111824877?page=1

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Ten more pubs,confirmed
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18 - 2015 »
Slight change of policy by mentioning Sams. Who is this Cheryl though?

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18 - 2015 »
I've had a look at the list - White Hart, Churchgate, Mansfield? No such place as Churchgate. Must mean Church Street or Churchside. Can't think of a White Hart there though. Just bin on google and it comes up as Church Street, the postcode corresponds to The Swan so It's the old stone place close to The Swan. It's in the centre and potentially on 'the route' for the young 'uns, it would never survive as a 'local' there.  I'll find out about The Station in Newstead if I can - mebbe i'll have a run down there, it's close to work and I'm there termorrer. I'll see if I can get some pictures, but I'll have to get the missus to put 'em on, I have no idea!

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 18 - 2015 »
Thinking about it, how Newstead will work is beyond me - it's a really small place and no through traffic to speak of, can't see how a pub would survive there these days.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 23 - 2015 »
So another big acquisition then, and another 10/11 pubs for me to visit. All s long way from the Taddy HQ.

Also even more managers for Humphrey to find.

When are they going to be added to the map DB, when they are confirmed I guess. :WF :WF

The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24 - 2015 »
So another big acquisition then, and another 10/11 pubs for me to visit. All s long way from the Taddy HQ.

Also even more managers for Humphrey to find.

When are they going to be added to the map DB, when they are confirmed I guess. :WF :WF

I suspect that there will be 30 pubs to add to the map!

I am lacking enthusiasm at the moment to add them!

DB.

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 25 - 2015 »
I know I bark on about it but wish he get one in Newcastle etc

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 25 - 2015 »
Cost, I should think. Well, I'm certain! ( For anything central ). But here's hoping for you!

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 25 - 2015 »
Cost, I should think. Well, I'm certain! ( For anything central ). But here's hoping for you!

It's just that Newcastle would fit an SS pub with it's beautiful architecture buildings .....and cheap beer bar Weatherspoons.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +6/-0
    • View Profile
I decided to nip and get a couple of 'photos of The Devonshire, even though I have not utilised the wife to teach me how to post them yet. When I arrived, a skip outside, some chairs going free, and workmen on the job. The new managers were there, nice couple, had a chat and a walk round.  Opens Monday!  The accommodation has been refurbed to make it decent for occupation, the cellar has been gutted and replaced and a new python and heads installed.
As you can imagine for a pub that's been shut for a couple of years, it isn't in the best of order, but not a total dump either. But, they are giving it a good bottoming. They are new to the trade but are enthusiastic and mature, pleasant people so I wish them the best. The bars are scheduled for a going over in the near future apparently.
No cask, they have ( if I remember correctly ) Dark Mild, Stout, OB, Sov, Taddy lager, Double Four, Alpine, and  ( I think ), Cider. No Pure Brew. Plus the usual bottled selection - some of which was yet to be shelved.
I entered via a side door, into a smallish front bar ( I should point out it's far from a big pub - I've always thought of it as an original, turned into a pub from a house ), could not access the larger rear room as workmen were doing their thing in the cellar door area etc., and it's a narrow passage. Plus, I had basically barged my way in and engaged them in conversation, did not want to push my luck.
As regards a previous post about adding the new pubs to the map, could I suggest, DB, that you only add new SS pubs to your list / map as they actually open? Firstly, will save you some possibly unnecessary work and a load of it all at once, plus I suspect that not all of the pubs on that list will ever open again as pubs - in particular, I am thinking of The Station in Newstead. Having said that, I have just checked the Gumtree site and both the Dev and the Station have been removed, no longer advertised as available. Another trip to Newstead looms! I may have to eat my words - and not for the first time.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 27 - 2015 »
As I was in work today, I nipped down into Newstead. No signs of any activity there yet. I shall keep my eye on it and report any further developments. Ditto the others accessible to me. Anyone else in a position to keep an eye out on any of the others?

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 29 - 2015 »
The Devonshire became a fully fledged member of SS pubs today. There were 5 of us in at 11:30. 3 of them were family, as you'd expect really. They had been up until late scrubbing the toilets to make them presentable! Work going on in the front bar, also installing another glass washer via rear bar as first new one banjaxed. Rear bar is an extended small room, some new floor tiling to the rear. Only had a half as driving / work later, decent 'pint' if you know what I mean. Rather surprised no Humph in attendance. There you go. Only 9 more to go.

Offline Carlo

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ten more pubs,confirmed
« Reply #12 on: Jun 30 - 2015 »
Where is the Devonshire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +31/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 1 - 2015 »
Here are the addresses for the new pubs,in answer to onthedrinks question there is a Cheryl Moore at the brewery who deals with recruitment.

Devonshire Arms     King Street,Alfreton
Fox and Goose        Meadow Way,Droitwich
Magpie                     Victoria Road,Botcherby
Redbrook                 Oak Road,Partington
Red Lion                  Bullring.Horncastle
Riverway                  Meadows,Nottingham
Royal Oak                Church Street,Flint
Stanton Arms           Micklegate Lane,Bilsthorpe
Station Hotel            Station Road,Newstead
Strawberry Tavern   Breckfield lane South,Liverpool
Weaver Hotel           South Parade,Runcorn
White Hart               Church Street,Mansfield

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 2 - 2015 »
Where have Fox and Goose and Redbrook come from? There were 10 posted on Gumtree. The Dev and The Station came off the list, leaving 8, Strawberry Tavern went on 6 days ago, giving 9, which is what is on Gumtree now. Confused.com!