Author Topic: Ten more pubs,confirmed  (Read 15804 times)  Share 

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Re: Ten more pubs,confirmed
« Reply #15 on: Jul 2 - 2015 »
I also see that The Cramond Inn is up grabs as of yesterday.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +32/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 3 - 2015 »
Fox and Goose is advertised on jobsonline.co.uk.

Three removed from original ten,Strawberry Tavern added to make the eight on gumtree now,eight plus the three removed and the Fox and Goose makes the twelve on the list.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 3 - 2015 »
Fox and Goose is on Farmer's Way, not Meadow Way. The Devonshire is either 144 or 146 King Street, dependent on wether or not you count The House of Confinement, an old jail which is immediately to the left of the pub grounds. For anyone who wants to find it, easiest is along the A38 bypass, exit for Alfreton, up the hill and is on your left, on the junction with Chatsworth Close. Parking is very poor, most of the parking off Chatsworth appears to be for the social housing to the rear of the pub. No parking on King Street, unless you go a ways up. Turn right opposite pub onto Lincoln Street, which is also narrow, and walk back is prob. best option. No 'phone number until Thursday 9th inst.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +32/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 3 - 2015 »
I just had a quick look on interweb when I posted address,thanks for the update,please keep us informed on ex oakwell pubs.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jul 3 - 2015 »
It dunt look very good, does it? Even worse on google! Rough, according to a review I saw! Still, shouldn't judge until it's going again. Checked out The Station again today, still boarded up. I'll have to get down notts and have a look at The Riverway.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jul 3 - 2015 »
Is The Redbrook advertised anywhere BB?  Ah, I just found a reference on www.ilivehere.co.uk - and it's far from complimentary! As these things are. The Redbrook is the only pub in Partington apparently.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +32/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jul 5 - 2015 »
Interesting that the Devonshire Arms used to be a Shipstones pub.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jul 10 - 2015 »
The Devonshire. Further to previous posts, went in today. Apparently they have had a visit from Mr.Smith, who was accompanied by his wife, I assume this is a rare occurrence, she was described as being 'very nice and a lady'. I explained she would be, considering her background. Pub is deffo gonna get a coat of paint by the sound of it. Pool table in next week sometime. No sign of any activity at The Station, Newstead. Over and out.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +32/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 20 - 2015 »
It looks like we can cross Station Hotel at Newstead off the list,the brewery has put in plans to demolish it.This notice is pinned to the pub and an article from the local paper a few days ago.Shame its not a listed building or registered as an asset of community value.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Historic-pub-Newstead-facing-demolition/story-27630657-detail/story.html

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 20 - 2015 »
The Devonshire. Further to previous posts, went in today. Apparently they have had a visit from Mr.Smith, who was accompanied by his wife, I assume this is a rare occurrence, she was described as being 'very nice and a lady'. I explained she would be, considering her background. Pub is deffo gonna get a coat of paint by the sound of it. Pool table in next week sometime. No sign of any activity at The Station, Newstead. Over and out.

I saw Mr Smith for the first time in my local which I have been drinking there off and on for the past 20 years....stranger then fiction it felt.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 20 - 2015 »
It looks like we can cross Station Hotel at Newstead off the list,the brewery has put in plans to demolish it.This notice is pinned to the pub and an article from the local paper a few days ago.Shame its not a listed building or registered as an asset of community value.

The newspaper article is full of quotes from people saying how it should be kept, community asset, blah, blah, but it's a familiar tale and those people are guaranteed to be those that rarely set foot in the place.  Use it, or lose it.  I don't really blame HS for knocking it down as there's clearly not the demand. Not every pub deserves to be saved.

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 20 - 2015 »
Not surprised, it was obvious something was happening as it went off the list. To be honest, you'd never make it pay in a million years. Nearest house is 500 yards away, and as said, all these people stand there wringing their hands and wailing, well, if they had all frequented the place, it would never have shut!! If anyone actually saw it's location, you would agree. I doubt anyone would buy it for a private residence - train noise all day!? Quite what the land will be used for  / worth is something else - as a piece of land, it's worth about 50 quid to the local farmer. He'd be better splitting it into flats and renting them out - or let someone else do it.

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +32/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 21 - 2015 »
After a bit of digging it seems there are outline plans for 80 houses on the land surrounding the pub.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 21 - 2015 »
So it'll be no surprise when the land is used to add to the development, netting HS a few quid.  Good business in fairness.

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #29 on: Aug 21 - 2015 »
If the houses get built, it would give a bit of a market to the pub, if it remained.

DB.