Author Topic: Golden Jubilee and Yarm  (Read 5411 times)  Share 

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Golden Jubilee and Yarm
« on: Aug 8 - 2015 »
Had a lovely trip up the A19 today visiting Yarm where Sam Smiths bottles were on sale at the local deli, more on sale there than is on sale in Tadcaster.  Great for parking and some nice little boutiques, followed this up with a trip to the Golden Jubilee.  A first for us, and worth a visit.  The usual drinks were on offer which helped to send us back down south in happy mood.  At last a sam smith pub with natural light So I could read the newspaper without the assistance of a head torch.  Love this web site, the map is a great way for us to find a tasty drink during our summer trips.  Thanks 😛 

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Jubilee and Yarm
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11 - 2015 »
Had a lovely trip up the A19 today visiting Yarm where Sam Smiths bottles were on sale at the local deli, more on sale there than is on sale in Tadcaster.  Great for parking and some nice little boutiques, followed this up with a trip to the Golden Jubilee.  A first for us, and worth a visit.  The usual drinks were on offer which helped to send us back down south in happy mood.  At last a sam smith pub with natural light So I could read the newspaper without the assistance of a head torch.  Love this web site, the map is a great way for us to find a tasty drink during our summer trips.  Thanks 😛

Glad that you had a lovely trip to the Golden Jubilee and enjoyed a beer. Can I ask what other SS products were on sale that are at the deli in Tadaster.As I thought that the shop had all the current range of beers. It is more of a modern SS pub than others and more light inside. Glad you enjoy the website and the map is a very useful tool for people wanting to find a SS pub.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11 - 2015 »
It's maybe the ones in Tadcaster weren't displayed as well as they were in Yarm.  I've been into the same deli group in Northallerton and couldn't remember such a proud display. There were numerous bottles from stout to the flavoured ciders.  It is a rarity to see so many Sam Smiths products on sale outside of their pubs.  I've often thought that the brewery is missing out on a revenue area.  Some of the farmers shops around York have a limited stock on offer.  Will try and get some pictures when I'm out and about for future postings.  If I pretend to be a tourist the shop owners may indulge my passion!

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11 - 2015 »
Your best bet would be to talk in an American accent. 'Ohh my Gaaaahd - it's so cuute' seems to work.

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 12 - 2015 »
It is the next most common accent I hear in York, so I may as well put my love of accents to good use.  It's either that or if I train up my parrot and take her out, she's bound to chatter on my behalf.   

Offline mjellis77

• Member Karma = +1/-0
  • 99 Sam's Pubs Visited (and counting...)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26 - 2015 »
Melanie - could I ask what the Deli chain is in Northallerton and Yarm? I have family Northallerton way and it might be a way for me to get some Sam's bottles - as I live in Kent. Many thanks  ;D

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 26 - 2015 »
Lewis and Cooper, they definitely have them in the Yarm shop and from memory have some in the Northallerton store.  Both stores are on what I would call the main shopping street respectively.  Happy drinking. 

Offline mjellis77

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 26 - 2015 »
Brilliant thanks Melanie - my folks have actually been there quite a few times, I've never been and I had no idea they stocked Sam's!!  :D2

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 26 - 2015 »
It's a fabulous shop for all - cake decorating for me and Sam Smiths for hubby, a shop we both enjoy going in!  Other shops in York sell the odd bottle but not the full range.  Can't believe the website isn't set up for the purchase of Sam Smiths goods, it as though the only want people to consume the alcohol through the pubs.

Offline mjellis77

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 26 - 2015 »
To be honest I'm not surprised that the website isn't set up.
I shouldn't have been surprised when I found bottles of Sam's available in a backwater of Georgia, USA when I was there on holiday (sold at half of the UK price!) - yet we cannot order bottles in the UK from the company website. I wonder if the new website will (like the old one) offer a contact us - by writing a letter to Tadcaster?

I suppose it's another example of the weird and wonderful world of Sam's  :DDDD:

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 26 - 2015 »
A very fine line between quaint and madness.  Often chuckle at the thought of people looking at the contact on the website, then getting the pen and paper out to write to Humphrey. It's one way to reduce the number of people who communicate with you if you make if difficult for your customer.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 31 - 2015 »
A very fine line between quaint and madness.  Often chuckle at the thought of people looking at the contact on the website, then getting the pen and paper out to write to Humphrey. It's one way to reduce the number of people who communicate with you if you make if difficult for your customer.

To me write or wrong (oops). Nothing could be more personal or respectful or formal, than taking pen to paper. Taking time to sit down and use the old skills of writing, grammar, punctuation etc. Without the use of spellchcks, often set to amricun engrish. The need to offer salutations and sincerity in communications shows one means business and not the need to hide behind the anonymity of keyboards, handles, nicknames, websites etc. Perhaps it shows respect for opinion to receive handwritten letters, the time to actually write a reply, good or bad, shows one does care after all.

Enough I need to go for a pint and then write a letter to my bank manager. Should that be the other way round??

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 1 - 2015 »
I love the art of writing but just thought it strange a website was available but no email address to write and contact Humphrey.  I still have my Basildon Bond writing pad. I was born before the widespread use of computers and appreciate a letter myself.  I'm stuck reading emails for a living, surrounded by people texting rather than talking and love communication in your form, with humour spilling over eloquently.  My English teacher always accused me of using the lowest form of wit, well at least I was using it!  With what Humphrey charges for a pint you shouldn't need to see the bank manager unless you mean "her who just be obeyed" as per Rumpold of the Old Bailey (barely remember it from first time round).  Don't even know who my bank manager is, some faceless call centre is all I deal with.
💷😇

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14 - 2016 »
It is now possible to buy from the website. Into the future!
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14 - 2016 »
Very spooky I was on the website at the beginning of the week and found it working.  Looking forward to receiving my SS newsletter as well.  🍺