Author Topic: New crisp flavour!  (Read 2410 times)  Share 

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
New crisp flavour!
« on: Aug 19 - 2015 »
I had some new variety of crisps  this weekend- sweet chili. Not bad at all. Indeed not. When will the bloke who tips the flavouring get lax.....?(update Dec. 15,,he already has, but has discovered a 'stale oil and sogginess' additive). I would personally like them hotter (Blairs Daeth Rain crisps, anyone?) They (Blairs) are unashamedly hot, as stated on the bag, maybe too much for SS. Also wheat beer in bottles popped up in one of my haunts. Nice to see summat adding to the range, in the right direction. Imperial stout is very good, too, but  BRING BACK STRONG GOLDEN! :DKB
« Last Edit: Mar 5 - 2016 by jackrussel »
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +31/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New crisp flavour!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20 - 2015 »
The new Chilli crisps are very nice but as you say Blairs are best,i get the Jolokia pepper crisps from a shop near me,3-50 a bag but you don't need many!!

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +16/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20 - 2015 »
At that price I would expect them to last at least a week, however with my ability to consume such savoury products I suggest a couple of hours at most, even if they are so hot.  I would assume humph would prefer stronger flavours to make us drink more.  It's that why salted products are sold in drinking establishments?

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14 - 2016 »
Salty snacks are an aid to selling drinks. Have been for years, and it's a ploy I don't mind (unlike the 95% pint!). The good start with the crisps was too good to be true, as about a month before Christmas, I was in 2 SS pubs and had some in each. Soggy and peculiar flavour too. Both bags were in date, they tasted like long storage in heat and light had been endured, and the residual oil had gone off. The Blairs crisps wouldn't last a week, not with me, despite the price, but I got half an hour out of them due to the heat. They are HOT, try them if you see them, but be warned.....You could always give them to someone else, lol. And I eat mega hot stuff; forget 'vindaloo', thats baby food! It's not big and it's not clever......but you can't stop me!!
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15 - 2016 »
Are the new chilli flavour crisps available in plain like the other flavourd crisps ? :<> :<>

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +13/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15 - 2016 »
Are the new chilli flavour crisps available in plain like the other flavourd crisps ? :<> :<>

Good question and I don't have the answer as they are too expensive so I don't buy them.

C & O are ok at the moment in my opinion.

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15 - 2016 »

Oh, I say,,,,really,,,,,,,,!

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 9 - 2016 »
A new initiative from SS in collaboration (er,,what? ) with that limp member Jamie Oliver- 'Fresh Air' flavoured crisps, with reduced salt, oil, and potato. Reduced to the point of invisibility. And taxed highly to boot. A winner for sure!

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +16/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 9 - 2016 »
That's why I have stopped eating the crisps.  Building your hopes up for a flavoursome crisp and then getting an over cooked, oiled potato is not fun.  Thankfully I don't have any allergies and can eat the peanuts.  Oh what exciting choices we get to make.

Offline Chutney

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 11 - 2016 »
Give Aldi cheese tortilla's a try full of flavour. They are in a big packet so sneak them in a shopping bag. Not that I would ever do such a thing to compensate for my 5%.