Author Topic: Two more sackings  (Read 3529 times)  Share 

Offline ademapearl

• Member Karma = +4/-1
    • View Profile
Two more sackings
« on: Jan 24 - 2016 »
Heard this second hand, so no locations mentioned at the moment. Apparently Humphrey sacked two managers early in the new year; I have no details about one, but the other was sacked for a very trivial 'offence' - certainly not involving dishonesty - I think for ringing up sales in the till after hours, which I thought everybody knew was a big no no in Humphreys eyes. Is it purely coincidence that two of his pubs were flooded out in the recent Tadcaster floods, leaving two longstanding managers with no pubs to run and able to claim redundancy if he sacked them. What better than to see if he can see if he has grounds for removing two of his newer managers, so he can put his displaced managers into the vacant pubs for the next 6 months until he  can reopen his damaged pubs? Reminds me of the management style of Victorian mill owners or Scottish lairds during the highland clearances.

Offline redemption2k15

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
Re: Two more sackings
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25 - 2016 »
Glittering star Darlington was one of em
KARMA.....whos laughing now?

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25 - 2016 »
I know the managers and daughter at the Britannia are still with SS and at other pubs in the area.Also know that a manager the other week did a runner with the takings.The Old Red Lion in Leeds is still shut till Friday and the manager there is elsewhere. Heard something about the Butchers Arms at Pudsey.

The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline TR6KID

• Member Karma = +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25 - 2016 »
He's got plenty of empty pubs to stick two managers in!!

Offline normanx

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26 - 2016 »
Heard this second hand, so no locations mentioned at the moment. Apparently Humphrey sacked two managers early in the new year; I have no details about one, but the other was sacked for a very trivial 'offence' - certainly not involving dishonesty - I think for ringing up sales in the till after hours, which I thought everybody knew was a big no no in Humphreys eyes. Is it purely coincidence that two of his pubs were flooded out in the recent Tadcaster floods, leaving two longstanding managers with no pubs to run and able to claim redundancy if he sacked them. What better than to see if he can see if he has grounds for removing two of his newer managers, so he can put his displaced managers into the vacant pubs for the next 6 months until he  can reopen his damaged pubs? Reminds me of the management style of Victorian mill owners or Scottish lairds during the highland clearances.

Offline normanx

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26 - 2016 »
Second hand information should not be posted.

Offline Toper

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26 - 2016 »
This information is substantially correct. The other pub is just 3 miles from the brewery.

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26 - 2016 »
This information is substantially correct. The other pub is just 3 miles from the brewery.

That may give a clue to the pub  ?S? On the other point of secondhand information, I have heard loads of it in many different SS pubs over the years.Most of it now discard as gossip.

I am more prudent with postings now as well.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline ademapearl

• Member Karma = +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26 - 2016 »
Thanks to members who have confirmed other staff movements - sounds like there could be more than two managers gone. If my (deteriorating) memory serves correct, this may be a bit of a new year ritual - the annual cull of managers. Not that it stops other dismissals throughout the year.

• Member Karma = +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27 - 2016 »
Thanks to members who have confirmed other staff movements - sounds like there could be more than two managers gone. If my (deteriorating) memory serves correct, this may be a bit of a new year ritual - the annual cull of managers. Not that it stops other dismissals throughout the year.

As with previous years with SS many managers will come and go,some rightly or others by themselves. Shall have to see if any stay past the 5 year mark ?

Offline Owen

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27 - 2016 »
I'm on the 'January dry' thing at the moment, so I'm not going out.

However, I popped into the Brigadier in York for a soft drink at the weekend, and couldn't see the landlord or landlady.

I overheard someone making a cryptic comment that they were to leave soon.

Anyone heard anything?

Seems odd, they've been there for years.

Offline minsterman

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 3 - 2016 »
Second hand information should not be posted.

::T::

All written information is 'second hand' - unless you are reading something you wrote about yourself!

These are sad times :(

Offline tubbycoates

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 4 - 2016 »
Re The brigadier Gerard.

The 'cryptic comment' that was overheard, referred to them going on holiday !!

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +7/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 7 - 2016 »
Re The brigadier Gerard.

The 'cryptic comment' that was overheard, referred to them going on holiday !!

Or wishful thinking by some eh. 

Did they go to China?