Author Topic: been sacked by the mad hatter HS  (Read 11383 times)  Share 

Offline big j

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Ex Sams Manager
Re: been sacked by the mad hatter HS
« Reply #15 on: Mar 9 - 2013 »
hi every 1  me and my wife are just 6 days away from compleating our 12mth at sam smiths as a double management and we have just recieved our marching orders we have a weeks notice to compleate we r truley gutted about the situation we have made a big diffrence to our pub as it was known as a drug haven and we were also left to pick up pices of the previous management so it has took this time to turn things round just as its starting to go well we riceive our marching orders ha ha its a big joke ive only just realised about the forum by having a google about sam smiths. and to be honest wished id ov found it 12mth ago as some of the post i read about makes me relise this is not the company to work for or put the effort into it just seems as he gets you a week away from compleating your triel and sacks you.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #16 on: Mar 9 - 2013 »
Welcome to the forum big j

Your story is not unfamilar and has been heard mant times before on this forum. Even if you seemingly increase the take and clean the pub up, you just never know. As you say sometimes it can take a year to turn the pub around, but Humphrey expects instant results or your gone. It is usually a weeks notice, which is much. Have you got a house to move into, or are you squating at the pub. As many managers have had to do in the past.

Also saves him money on your pension and life insurance, as well as health cover.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline myke

• Member Karma = +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 11 - 2013 »
It stinks how can he expect to motivate people when people do well and he sacks them to save money :<> :<> :<>

DONT FORGET take your bond from the takings leaving written details etc possesion is 9/10ths of the law and if he has it you may have to fight for it

good luck and dont give up theres better companies out there
The posts i make are my own. The oppinions i express are mine too.  :BL

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 11 - 2013 »
It does stink and Humphrey appears to motivate nobody. As you say sacks them for no reason, to save money. Possession is 9/10ths of the law, so just take the money out of the takingsand write it on the paperwork.

Yes plenty of better companies out there to work for.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline canaldrifter

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 11 - 2013 »
I reckon there's enough evidence now to get HS sectioned.

Tone

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 11 - 2013 »
I reckon there's enough evidence now to get HS sectioned.

Tone
:SRD :SRD :SRD
now now Tone dont get us all excited the mighty humph is still at large and causing havoc!!!! 

But lets hope some one takes control before he does real damage

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mar 12 - 2013 »
I understand that Oliver has been trying to section Humphrey for a while. Not suceeded yet though. Hope somebody takes over the reins soon, as it seems to be a crumbling empire at the moment. Steadily going down hill over the last few years.

Plenty of interesting reading on here about Humphrey and his antics.

Offline big worm

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Mar 21 - 2013 »
Sooner or later Smithys going to get ironed out. he really needs to watch his back. >:(

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Mar 21 - 2013 »
Welcome to the forum big worm.

Many people have tried and failed to as you put it iron Humphrey out. I don't condone violence against the man. But I know he upsets many peoples lifes and play with their lifes. Which is very wrong. Got to keep the balance right on this forum.

He does look after the beer and keeps the price down. Also looks after many of his pub and estates, he seems to lavish millions on some of his pubs. Whilst others he seems to ignore.

Offline ronald mcdonald

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Mar 21 - 2013 »
He keeps his beer prices down by cutting back staff hours and putting more on the managers to do. If you get good beer in one of his pubs then its down to the managers who look after the beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What goes around comes around he ll get his one day.
Have you been sacked by humph Oldbrewerydrinker?

Offline big worm

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Mar 23 - 2013 »
How can you try and fail?? He walks to work everyday!
Maybe the old bill would like to have a word with him aswell seen as its a half a bitter in each pub he goes in to turn some other innocent manager out on the street.
I agree what goes around comes around....

Offline hurtbyhumph

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Mar 23 - 2013 »
Sooner or later Smithys going to get ironed out. he really needs to watch his back. >:(

Mr humphrey almighty smith has been "ironed out" quite a few times over the years

a few years back when he was banned and had that old guy driving him round he got knocked on his arse in rochdale and redcar in same week he went sick sacking managers left right and centre for about a month the man is a menace and just like many members on here i agree the man needs a little more than more staff but also medical help with his burnt out mind he must be running on 4-5 hours of sleep a day at his age!!

Best bit was the driver stayed in car watching hahahahahahaahahaha

Nothing will change until oliver and the family wrestle power from him and it will be a double edged sword in the facct the humph will get the rest and help he needs and the mighty empire may just be saved from extinction. cos if humph is allowed to carry on with his disregar5d for fair employment and working conditions and treatment of stafff andf customers alike he will not have an epire to float and the likes of cheese and onion will be feeling a little bit silly not questioning the fact hes ruining there livleyhood its bloody ridiculous

but until one of his family find the balls to do something the brewery gets a step narer the history books every day he will just end up selling water from well to other brewerys in the end but even that i would lay odds would pay a handsome wage to the old fart of course not the millions that his nibs is used too of course

Offline ronald mcdonald

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Mar 24 - 2013 »
From what the dray told us Oliver is getting just as bad as Humph, he s making them all sign new contracts. Working longer hours, less pay etc..... How can they be allowed to get away with it Surely somethings got give sooner rather than later.... I feel sorry for the new managers coming in....

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Mar 24 - 2013 »
I too have heard that Oliver is getting just as bad as Humphrey himself, I guess this is no surprise as they are working together to a point. Not sure how they are getting away with it for so long and possibly into the future.

I too feel sorry for any new managers coming to work for the brewery, with their new contracts been for 11 months only. There seem to be quite a few new managers about currently.

Offline annoyed.com

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #29 on: Mar 25 - 2013 »
 :=:  We have been given our marching orders despite all we have done for our pub and reaching our targets above the minimum requirement!!  He has no respect for the fact that when he gives people their marching orders its not just the job they are losing but their home as well!!  Thank goodness for the kindness of friends and family otherwise we would be on the street!!