Author Topic: Beer  (Read 3210 times)  Share 

Offline blue stanley

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
Beer
« on: May 15 - 2016 »
CAMRA's magazine " Beer" has a feature on SSOB in  Issue 32 Summer edition. It features if not an interview, a casual chat with young Mr Smith.

Offline east coast beer drinker

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Beer
« Reply #1 on: May 15 - 2016 »
Can you post the interview or chat please?

Offline blue stanley

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15 - 2016 »
Can you post the interview or chat please?

Afraid im a bit old fashioned and have the magazine delivered. If you pm your address i could post it?

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16 - 2016 »
No, no matter but thank you for the offer. I just thought it would make interesting reading for the forum.
All the best

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19 - 2016 »
Here is the article,hope its readable im not great with computers!!!.

• Member Karma = +15/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19 - 2016 »
Thanks for uploading BB, good article.

Offline centurion

• Member Karma = +8/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
« Reply #6 on: May 19 - 2016 »
Here is the article,hope its readable im not great with computers!!!.

So that's what it's all about. Reminds me a little of that old 'coke' (no not the stuff on the fire) advert about teaching the world to sing.

Craft beers since 1758 or is it 1886? Craft British/German Lagers? So we can blame Sam's for all those headaches as well. http://samsmiths.info/forum/Smileys/animated/smiley-whacky011.gif

Will need to get my blue hair dye out again, now the brewery is 'Punk'  http://samsmiths.info/forum/Smileys/animated/smiley-laughing001.gif

Offline jackrussel

• Member Karma = +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27 - 2016 »
Overall, sounds like MARKETING SPEAK to me- just not published or peddled as such. I'm very happy to be proved wrong yet again, of course. An optimist (which I'm not) may be encouraged, but me.....? I do like the way things are now, subject to some of my misgivings posted elsewhere on here, but, a little time hopefully will shake it all out.

BUT!
"The container is not important"? (or whatever). Really. Then why 'waste' money on nice woody casks then? Gotcha. Incidentally, I do not consider it wasted money, no.
But as for keg and craft beers? No way matey. Fads in beer as in most things come and go- Irish beers, lagers, ice beers, ciders and fruit ciders, and now 'craft' beers. Good job they're looking long term, then, as when that bubble bursts and fades with the last pork pie hatted bearded hipster beoming un-hip, they may just have a plan B behind them.
And why the focus on 'craft' all of a sudden anyway? (or if not sudden, a bit longer according to HSjr.), so how about a few new cask beers for us loyal fans, like I keep banging on about on here? Periodically changed maybe, customers voting with their wallets which ones to made permanent? Well, come on, why not?!
 I challenge thee.
And any likelihood of popping into the free trade market with cask?
Thought I'd mention it.
You never know.
You just never know.

I
SSOBT. My ultimate favourite brewer. Please look after me, you may need me someday.   Imperial-->:DKB <-- Stout!

Offline Melanie Starkey

• Member Karma = +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28 - 2016 »
Can't believe it, asking a company to offer choice, via customer research.  "No, No, No" I hear shouted.  The stomping feet at Humphrey towers will cause tremors at the other side of Taddy.  "Customers will drink what I produce".  "Give 'em choice and they'll only want more". 
I'd love to work in the customer service department for SS.  Imagine the conversations to be had.
Hope you get your wish.  More and more of my locals are selling my choice of drink, so the site might work for you.

Offline yorkie

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29 - 2016 »
Humphrey has been quoted as saying that he does not care about customers in response to a manager saying that she did. Says it all really.

Having (once only fortunately) spoken to The Special One I was told off because he had criticised the manager for the condition of the beer at one of his pubs and as someone who was drinking the beer in question (OBB cask) I told him there was nothing wrong with it. His response was on the lines of "do you think I don't know what my beer should taste like?" To avoid him taking it out on the manager I declined to reply, but having drunk several pints of OBB most nights for the past 20 years I think I do actually know more about it than a boss who drinks the odd half of various of his products.

Offline under250

• Member Karma = +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 1 - 2016 »
Says nothing in the article about SS prices ?